“Embassy Suites Colorado Springs” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7290 Commerce Center Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80919   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #25 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Liberal, Kansas
“Embassy Suites Colorado Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I booked our family vacation hotel stay online for 4 days. After a long 7 hour drive to get to Colorado Springs for our vacation we arrived, check in was simple but this being such a big hotel, I was surprised and alittle disgruntled to find out the easiest entrance with all our bags was only through the front entrance. However, the overall stay was good enough for us as we traveled to Pikes Peak area, then Canon City, Royal Gorge area too. The hotel seemed very clean, however there was a small area of some sort of mold above the corner of the shower. The bed was not up to par as far as comfort ability, and Im not picky usually about where I sleep. The complimentary breakfast was great. You can do the buffet or they will make to order pancakes and eggs of your choice. Unfortunately we ended up having a sick kid a day before our original last day, we ended up letting the hotel know we were needing to leave early and they didn't charge us for the last night we had booked. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Jodi W

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you made the best of your rime in Colorado Springs and saw some of our greatest attractions. I am glad you found the hotel clean; I do apologize for the parts we missed in the shower and the bed not being as comfortable as you would have liked. I am sorry about you having to leave early because of an ill child but, glad to hear you would stay with us again in the future.

Jeff Zelkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels and for the money the hotel was average. There were a couple of issues during my stay. 1) house keeping didn't come by on 2 occasions 2) kids were in the hot tub at all hours and guest could not enjoy the hot tub because the kids were using it as a swimming pool. On a good note, the breakfast was excellent and is included in the price of the hotel however; I would have expected a bit better service for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear 6dawnb,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping manager and will follow up with her to insure we correct the issues you mentioned. We will also keep a better on the pool area. I am pleased that you did however enjoy the breakfast. I appreciate your patronage I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I booked this hotel without reading the reviews because my work was hosting an event here in the morning, and it made sense to stay here the night prior to the event. This hotel is extremely outdated with the rooms containing old-school style plaid couches, plaid curtains, and rips in the curtains, for example. I arrived late at night, around 10 pm, and was just ready to eat and go to bed. I got dinner downstairs at The Polo Club, and it took a long while to get my food even though there were only two other people present who were just having drinks. Then, when I went to get in bed, it was extremely evident that the sheets had not been changed after the previous guest left. There were little black specks all over the sheets along with short black hairs. Honestly, it was really disgusting. I did call the front desk, and the staff member at the desk immediately came up and changed my sheets himself. He was very friendly, but honestly, this experience really shouldn't have occurred. I recommend going elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Murray M SC,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

jeff.zelkin@hilton.com
Lubbock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked our double queen room months in advance. When we arrived we were told that some changes had been made and they no longer had the room that I booked and had confirmation for. But they were so kind as to give me a roll away bed, that there wasn't enough room to use, and a fold out couch...all for the same price as my double queen room. Sarcasm. We were greeted by a pile of dirty towels in front of our door. Low class. I've stayed in Embassy Suites for years- I don't know where this dump came from! Don't count on reservations, they aren't worth the paper they're printed on. I'll be looking for another hotel!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear dmcook1985,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are important to us.

Kind Regards,

jeff.zelkin@hilton.com
Phone: (719) 599-9100
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in several Embassy Suites throughout the US and as usual, the staff is fantastic. All the employees we had contact with were very friendly, courteous, and always willing to help in any way they could. While the complaints about the hotel needing updating are not unfounded the value is still fantastic. The location can't be beat if you're in Colorado Springs to see the sites.

Room Tip: Spend the minimal extra money and get a mountain view room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul S,

Thank you and your wife for your loyalty to Embassy Suites Hotels! I am so happy that you found our staff to be friendly, courteous, and always willing to help in any way they could. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Colorado Springs.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the last 20 years. It has lost some of its lustre. All Embassy hotels have much cheaper snacks these days so that wasn't really surprising. The breakfast was good and the evening wine was reasonable for the price (free). The guest rooms are getting dated and the bathrooms seems very small. We are looking for another place for our future stays in the Springs.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side are very close to I-25 and seemed noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
jzelkin, General Manager at Embassy Suites Colorado Springs, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ronm1967,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel over the past 20 years. We know the hotel is need of a refresh and I am happy to report that we will be starting a complete renovation of the hotel in the near future. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the evening reception. I hope you will be willing to give us another try in the future in order that we may earn back your loyalty.

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our room was on the first floor, near the event area, so we could hear everytime someone walked by, early or late. The pillows were non supportive (down pillows), even stacked 2 high, so none of us slept very good, woke up with sore necks/backs. Hotel was very clean and staff was courteous.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Andy P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the noise and uncomfortable beds. In the future we would be happy to assign you to a quieter room, please let us know next time when you go to make your reservations. The beds are also scheduled to be replaced in the near future. I was delighted to read that you found our hotel to be very clean and that your interaction with the staff was good.

Jeff Zelkin

Been to Embassy Suites Colorado Springs? Share your experiences!