“Loved it !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Ohio
“Loved it !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

I only wish that I could have stayed longer. Great views, amenities and the best value, hands down, in Colorado Springs. Sure, I could have spent half as much for a Motel 6 last night but I deserve better memories than that ! I can't believe some of the negative reviews that I have read about this place. The staff I encountered were top-notch and very pprofessional. I cannot comment on the dining since I didn't have a chance to experience it. The check-in was smooth, the front desk very attentive. I'd recommend spending the extra $ 20 for a mountain view room.....the vistas are priceless !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Dear Daisysdaddy,

Thank you for your recommendation of Cheyenne Mountain Resort and for the kind words about our "top notch staff." I am pleased that your willingness to come to your own conclusions about the quality of the resort resulted in such a memorable stay. I know that you had many options from which to choose here in Colorado Springs, so on behalf of the entire resort I thank you for being our guest, and hope that you will return again.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you the next time you are in our fair city.

Again, with thanks,

Cheyenne Mountain Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

The Cheyenne Mountain Resort is a superb reort/hotel in Colorado Springs. We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Colorado vacation. The rooms are exceptionally clean and tidy with all mod cons & free wireless internet. The resort has 2 pools (1 indoor & 1 outdoor) & a really good gym (although we did not use). All staff were very polite & helpful, they have lots of ideas for places to eat & great free maps of downtown resturants from reception. The lobby is superb with lots of large comfy furniture for relaxing. There is a bar area just off the lobby which serves great local brews & snacks. From our room (in Elk lodge) we had a great view of Cheyenne Mountain and surrounding area, Just one small thing, all the nearby resurants are a 5-10min drive away in down town Colorado Springs. Don't let this put you off though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Hello ThrowBell,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to Cheyenne Mountain Resort. I appreciate your compliments for our hard working staff, glad they were so helpful and that you enjoyed all that the resort has to offer.

I can understand your thoughts about the short drive to downtown not being the most convenient, but we are happy to be less than 20 minutes from just about every major attraction in the area, and still be able to offer a resort experience in this unique setting at the base of the Front Range.

Hope we have the pleasure of your company in the future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you on your next visit.

North Carollina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

I started researching places in Colorado Springs and initially had mixed reviews about this place. I read some reviews that made this place less than desirable to stay at. Once I really looked at the reviews, I understood that some of the complaints were unfounded. This place is great! The views, location, food, staff....really enjoyed the stay. Yes, the rooms are a bit old but are you there to stay in your room all day or get out and enjoy Colorado? Everything was in working order, the beds were very nice and comfortable. The hotel has a deal where you can use the Golf and Country Club facilities...the pools are really nice, our kids really enjoyed them. We did not have a single complaint. Did I say the food was great? The buffet changed their pricing so that kids under 10 (I think) eat free...you cannot beat that! Let me repeat it...the food was great! We will stay here again if we are in the area. Highly recommend for the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Dear Canatan,

You were very gracious to be open minded as you read other reviews of Cheyenne Mountain Resort, and on behalf of everyone at the resort, "Thank You" for the wonderful account of your visit. We do pride ourselves on offering our guests sincere service and we take all the comments we receive to heart.

So glad to read that you enjoyed all the recreation amenities we have to offer and it sounds like you really enjoyed the food, many do.

We will look forward to serving you the next time you are in Colorado Springs.

Yours Truly,

Westchester County, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

We spent 3 nights at the CMR over Colorado College's graduation weekend. As we have now sampled a great many of the Springs's lodgings, I can say that this is a very good choice -- particularly in terms of the $ charged. We have stayed at the Broadmoor and vowed never to stay there again. It is way too fussy and pretentiously grand for our tastes -- oddly out of sync, in our opinion, with its western/Rocky Mt setting -- and is outrageously expensive. The CMR gives you much of the same ambience of the Broadmoor, in terms of its foothills setting, but is -- for our tastes -- more comfortable and way less expensive! In fact, for the money, the rooms are very large and comfortable, with attractive balconies. The pool area is large and inviting. The restaurant service is decent, and we enjoyed sitting out on the balcony during meals, with the view into the mountains.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2009
Dear LillianV,

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We are always happy to know that friends and family of Colorado College students have discovered us on the south side of the city. Many who work at the resort are CC Hockey fans so there is a strong tie to the school.

I am glad you felt comfortable in our setting and that we were able to make you feel at home. We are indeed fortunate to have such a splendid setting in the foothills; happy that you had time to enjoy the views from your balcony and from the restaurant terrace.

We recognize that your choices for accommodations are many in Colorado Springs so on behalf of the entire staff of Cheyenne Mountain Resort, "Thank You" for choosing to stay with us.

We wish you and your family a safe and enjoyable Labor Day Weekend.

Truly,

Kailua, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed at the CMR for a week July 24-31. We were celebrating my inlaws 50th anniversary-so it was a 'BIG' occasion. From the moment we arrived our stay was fantastic! The front desk greeted us with smiles-we all had great rooms with views of the mountains & lake (ours was#332). The staff was professional and really friendly. We ate breakfast one day in the Mountain View Restaurant and the first and last night in the Will Rogers Lounge.The quality of food was good and fairly priced..also great for the kids to be playing pool while enjoying adult conversation and wine!! The concierge was very knowledgeable and gave us some good tips before we arrived. ..we booked the Arkansas River Tours for white water rafting (AWESOME!) and also prebooked the Pikes Peak Cog Railway! Both were must do's! Also visited Garden of the Gods, Old Colorado City, Air Force Academy, Seven Falls, Historic Manitou Springs..cocktails at the Broadmoor..and had lots of quality time at the Country Club! Great dinners at Luigi's, Phantom Brew Company, Carlos Miguels and loved Panera for bagels in the morning! The hotel also has a shuttle that was able to take all 12 of us to dinner and pick up (we tipped well) It was great !! Mahalo to all the staff especially Lindsay that made the trip!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
samiam08, DIrector of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Dear LTVL,

Thank you for traveling all the way from Hawaii to be our guests, and congratulations to your parents on their 50th wedding anniversary. We are so honored to be part of the celebration. Sounds like you took advantage of all that we have to offer at the resort and as well as in Colorado Springs, you must have needed a vacation from your vacation when you got home. The rooms in Buffalo Creek Lodge have some of the best views because it has the most direct views of the mountains. Glad that you and the family enjoyed the rooms in the 330's.

You were kind to recognize Lindsay, the front desk staff and our drivers. I will be sure they all know how much you enjoyed their service. If I can be of any assistance to you with future stays please contact me directly, would be delighted to have you join us again.

Yours Truly,

Avon, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Spent a weekend with 10 family members. Had a great time. Rooms are clean. The double sink and refrigerator were helpful. Nice view from deck to lake, golf course and mountains. When we needed some help the front desk was nice and courteous. Needed to make dining arrangements and concierge and kitchen staff were wonderful. Well insulated walls, however we could some footsteps from floor above.

The restaurant had good to very good food, not great. It is a little pricey, but our kids were under 8 so they ate some meals for free which helped a lot on the price when figured on a family basis.

We really enjoyed the option of two pools. The beach, while small, really entertained the kids. We went paddle boating and tried my hand at sailing. Again, it was a blast for the kids and since they were having fun so were my wife & I. Lifeguards are attentive just in case. Played some tennis for the fist time in years and finished smiling.

Excellent Fitness Center. Did not golf.

There is a lot to do to keep everyone happy and as busy as desired. Went to the local zoo and it was a fun experience as you are head to head with the giraffees. Zoo built into a hill so you walk up and new exhibits around each corner.

Overall we had a very good time and would visit here again, at the right price. Fantastic for our family get together

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
samiam08, Director of Rooms at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Dear MtnBikeSki,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We are grateful that you chose to stay with us.

Your certainly picked the perfect time of year to visit with all the recreation facilities open. The beach is a great place to enjoy with your family and with its proximity to the pools and new space park it is fun for all. Good for you for picking up the tennis racket after so many years and for trying your hand at sailing.

Colorado Springs was recently named America's #1 City by Outside Magazine so I was glad to read that you got to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for it offers some great views of this wonderful place.

We will look forward to serving you again, so please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

All the Best to you and your family; thank you for being our guests.

amarillo, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My wife has an ankle problem which makes steps almost prohibitive as far as walking up or down. Jessica changed our room which eliminated the steps and was excellent in views and accessability. The dining room was great, food very good, although pricey. Service there was good. My only complaint is the resort fee which should be added in when the room is priced. We will stay again if the price is right, including the resort fee. I feel "ripped off" when you have to add another fifteen dollars just to stay there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear annepat2,

Thank you for mentioning Jessica's efforts to make the change in your room. Believe it or not she is our newest team member at the Front Desk and she seems to have a natural way of serving our guests. I will be sure she sees your kind words and her name in the headline.

I am sorry that you feel the resort fee is excessive, but it does provide for wireless internet access and grants guests access to the private Country Club of Colorado at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Having the club on property allows us to offer all the great recreation, and it reserved for the exclusive use of resort guests and club members.

I appreciate that you had many options for accommodations here in Colorado Springs so on behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing to be our guests.

Feel free to contact me personally if I can answer any questions or be of help to you in any way.

Truly,

smarble@benchmarkmanagement.com

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!