“Great location fun things to do!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #31 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Littleton, Colorado
“Great location fun things to do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

A great location and wonderful things to do- swimming, tennis, volleyball and more! Our room was nice and we had a wonderful balcony. The staff were friendly and welcoming and overall the resort felt clean and well cared for. The only thing I would say is that it does feel a bit dated but, we were totally happy with our stay here. We did have one question before we came which was handled really well by Mia C. We would return and are looking forward to coming back in the summer!

Room Tip: We stayed in Buffalo Creek Lodge and loved it as it was super close to everything! We could walk ev...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We’re delighted that not only did you enjoy your recent stay at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, but that our staff was able to assist you before you arrived! It is truly pleasing to read that you got to take advantage of our numerous resort activities, which feature our indoor pool, 18-hole championship golf course and a total of 18 tennis courts. Thank you for your feedback and kind mention of the well-appointed guest accommodations, we hope to welcome you back soon.

596 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Besides the beautiful mountains and Pikes Peak right out of our window this was a great hotel. Very lodge feeling but with the elegance of a 4 star hotel. Beds were very lush and comfortable. The dining room had floor to ceiling windows and the view was spectacular. The food was excellent. The best Caesar salad I've ever had.

Better go to Colorado Springs and stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lobby and one with a mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
What a wonderful way to describe the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, a AAA four diamond property in the heart of Colorado Springs! We’re delighted you enjoyed the sweeping view from your guest accommodations as well as those during your dining experience at Mountain View Restaurant. We are so pleased you had a pleasant visit and look forward to the next time we can welcome you into our Main Lodge, thank you for your kind review.
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family spent four nights during spring break, and while everything was good, I wouldn't consider our experience memorable and I don't have a strong desire to return. It could have been that it felt a little sleepy -- lots of conventions going on, but few families and the lot almost felt empty. I'm not complaining because the last thing we want is a crowded experience, but it felt a little too sleepy for us. I think I had higher expectations based on their website photos -- that there would be kids, activities, etc.

I paid extra for a "spectacular view," but I'm afraid we got partial mountain view (the corner of it and the balcony next door). I didn't complain because once we were settled, we didn't have the energy to consider moving. But if we return, I will request a better view of the mountains.

The rooms were nice, but they had alot of furniture and pillows, which is kind of annoying with several people in a very small space. The two sinks were very helpful and the large closet. I wished there were more drawers, just two pretty small ones in addition to the nightstand.

The staff was friendly. Overall, it was a good experience, but nothing to write home about.

Room Tip: Make sure your room with a view has a real view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
While we’re glad to read that you and your family experienced a relaxing stay as well as friendly service, we couldn’t be more disappointed that your visit did not impress you in every way. Situated near numerous Pikes Peak area attractions and adjacent to The County Club of Colorado, our resort offers plenty of activities and we encourage you to reach out to our staff for additional information during your next visit. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope to welcome you back for a future stay that exceeds your expectations.
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for a "weekend to remember" marriage conference and got a pretty good room rate for the weekend. After looking at their photos on the website it seemed OK but nothing special but the room turned out to be nicer than expected. It was a large room with a desk, a comfy sitting chair, a dresser and a large walk in closet, accessible both from the main room and the bathroom. There is a decent sized flat screen TV and a mini bar/fridge. There is also a nice small balcony with views over the pool or the mountains. The bathroom was OK, nothing special but with two sinks and a shower with a great big shower head.
There are nice fluffy robes in the closet for going to the hot tub or the nice outdoor heated pool which is open year round.
The Mountain View restaurant on the premises has killer views over the golf course and the mountains. We had the continental breakfast buffet every morning which includes a lot of different breakfast foods (cereals, oatmeal, breads, danish, yoghurts, juices and lots of fresh fruit). They also offer an extended breakfast buffet which includes hot food, but we found that a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Top floor in the Dove building is very nice if you don't mind the stairs or waiting for the slow...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
At Cheyenne Mountain Resort we strive to do all that we can to ensure our guests enjoy every minute of their visit with us, so we are truly delighted to have exceeded your expectations! We’re grateful to learn that your accommodations suited your needs and provided a comfortable place to relax. It is great to read of your experience at Mountain View Restaurant and that the views as well as breakfast left you satisfied. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everything was great at this resort. The resort is beautiful, the staff was excellent, breakfast buffet was excellent. Love the hugh fire place when you walk in, was very cold when we arrived. The kids had a great time swimming outside in the heated pool, and they also had Smores packs available for the kids to roast marshmellows and make smores on the outside firepit. The food was excellent and the staff at the bar was great. We all enjoyed this place and would love to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We would love to welcome you back for another great family getaway at Cheyenne Mountain Resort! It is truly touching to read about all that you enjoyed, from our inviting main lodge to roasting s’mores over the outdoor firepit on our terrace. Your kind review and acknowledgement of our staff and on-site dining mean a great deal to us. Thank you for your review, please come back again soon.
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have never been to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort before. I was looking for a nice romantic place to take my wife for my wedding aniversary, so I compared different places including the Broadmoor and the Cliff House and I chose this resort for the value. I purchased the romance package with the executive king room with a private balcony and mountain view. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable with plenty of blankets, the climate control kept the room at the right temperature. Everything was just perfect. We also got the jetted tub with our room, it was phenomenal. We ate dinner at the Mountain View restaurant at the resort, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious and plentiful and it was included in the package. After dinner, we retired to our room and called for our complimentary champagne and chocolote cover strawberries. In the morning we had the breakfast buffet with cook to order eggs at the mountain view restaurant. We arrived almost at closing time, and the manager was so nice to come by our table and to tell us that they will leave the buffet open for us until we were done and did I mention, breakfast was also included in the package. This is one of the best experiences that I had at any resort. I recomend this hotel, specially their romance package, for the value and the service to anyone looking for a romantic break with their love one. The Cheyenne Mountain Resort is now my favorite spot for a romantic escape with my wife.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled you and your wife enjoyed a couples getaway at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. It is wonderful to learn that our romance package provided everything you needed for a relaxing stay at a value. We appreciate your kind description of your comfortable guest accommodations and of your dining experiences at Mountain View Restaurant. Thank you for your review and recommendation, they mean a great deal to us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your wife again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Cheyenne Mtn Resort tries really hard to be the best. They don't live up to the excellent service they could. For me, I want to feel like my room is clean - it had remnants from prior guests (swim suit, towel, q-tips, plastic on the counter, etc).

There is a very sweet little balcony outside the rooms. If you have a mountain view, it is sweet and I took the picture the night we arrived.

There is a fridge, which was empty and cold. I appreciated not having to empty a mini bar from the fridge when I got there.

We ate at the restaurant one night. It was $72 for a pizza for me and buffet for my hubby. No drinks. Kinda pricey for me considering the buffet food wasn't really all that hot.

The staff are nice, but could be more considerate to guests (parking their carts in front of steps up 5 floors). The view is spectacular. I did not get out to the golf course or exercise room.

The cleaning staff are very sweet. It is not their fault they have towels which are a bit raggity. The shampoo is a bit runny so seems watered down. They have additional amenities (sewing kit, etc) at the front desk, but nothing extra will be in the room.

It was March and happened to be a beautiful day so I went for a run. The map they gave me took too long to figure out, so I just went out running. I went next to one of the lodges and there was dog poop all over the place, which I think I avoided stepping in!

The coffee was not good in the hotel at 2.50/cup - save your money and make it in the room. It is just as good.

Room Tip: Half the rooms face the mountain and the other side face the main resort (so you look at a rock wall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
At our resort, we strive to provide top-notch service, well-appointed accommodations and delicious on-site dining to our valued guests. While we’re glad to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, we certainly regret that it did not exceed your expectations. We encourage guests to reach out to us with any concerns and wish we were aware of yours as we would have been happy to assist you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are looking into your comments to make certain we are doing our best. Thank you for your feedback, we hope you’ll consider returning for a future stay.

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!