“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Westminster, Colorado
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for a "weekend to remember" marriage conference and got a pretty good room rate for the weekend. After looking at their photos on the website it seemed OK but nothing special but the room turned out to be nicer than expected. It was a large room with a desk, a comfy sitting chair, a dresser and a large walk in closet, accessible both from the main room and the bathroom. There is a decent sized flat screen TV and a mini bar/fridge. There is also a nice small balcony with views over the pool or the mountains. The bathroom was OK, nothing special but with two sinks and a shower with a great big shower head.
There are nice fluffy robes in the closet for going to the hot tub or the nice outdoor heated pool which is open year round.
The Mountain View restaurant on the premises has killer views over the golf course and the mountains. We had the continental breakfast buffet every morning which includes a lot of different breakfast foods (cereals, oatmeal, breads, danish, yoghurts, juices and lots of fresh fruit). They also offer an extended breakfast buffet which includes hot food, but we found that a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Top floor in the Dove building is very nice if you don't mind the stairs or waiting for the slow...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
At Cheyenne Mountain Resort we strive to do all that we can to ensure our guests enjoy every minute of their visit with us, so we are truly delighted to have exceeded your expectations! We’re grateful to learn that your accommodations suited your needs and provided a comfortable place to relax. It is great to read of your experience at Mountain View Restaurant and that the views as well as breakfast left you satisfied. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Wylie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Everything was great at this resort. The resort is beautiful, the staff was excellent, breakfast buffet was excellent. Love the hugh fire place when you walk in, was very cold when we arrived. The kids had a great time swimming outside in the heated pool, and they also had Smores packs available for the kids to roast marshmellows and make smores on the outside firepit. The food was excellent and the staff at the bar was great. We all enjoyed this place and would love to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We would love to welcome you back for another great family getaway at Cheyenne Mountain Resort! It is truly touching to read about all that you enjoyed, from our inviting main lodge to roasting s’mores over the outdoor firepit on our terrace. Your kind review and acknowledgement of our staff and on-site dining mean a great deal to us. Thank you for your review, please come back again soon.
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have never been to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort before. I was looking for a nice romantic place to take my wife for my wedding aniversary, so I compared different places including the Broadmoor and the Cliff House and I chose this resort for the value. I purchased the romance package with the executive king room with a private balcony and mountain view. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable with plenty of blankets, the climate control kept the room at the right temperature. Everything was just perfect. We also got the jetted tub with our room, it was phenomenal. We ate dinner at the Mountain View restaurant at the resort, the service was impeccable and the food was delicious and plentiful and it was included in the package. After dinner, we retired to our room and called for our complimentary champagne and chocolote cover strawberries. In the morning we had the breakfast buffet with cook to order eggs at the mountain view restaurant. We arrived almost at closing time, and the manager was so nice to come by our table and to tell us that they will leave the buffet open for us until we were done and did I mention, breakfast was also included in the package. This is one of the best experiences that I had at any resort. I recomend this hotel, specially their romance package, for the value and the service to anyone looking for a romantic break with their love one. The Cheyenne Mountain Resort is now my favorite spot for a romantic escape with my wife.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled you and your wife enjoyed a couples getaway at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. It is wonderful to learn that our romance package provided everything you needed for a relaxing stay at a value. We appreciate your kind description of your comfortable guest accommodations and of your dining experiences at Mountain View Restaurant. Thank you for your review and recommendation, they mean a great deal to us. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your wife again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Cheyenne Mtn Resort tries really hard to be the best. They don't live up to the excellent service they could. For me, I want to feel like my room is clean - it had remnants from prior guests (swim suit, towel, q-tips, plastic on the counter, etc).

There is a very sweet little balcony outside the rooms. If you have a mountain view, it is sweet and I took the picture the night we arrived.

There is a fridge, which was empty and cold. I appreciated not having to empty a mini bar from the fridge when I got there.

We ate at the restaurant one night. It was $72 for a pizza for me and buffet for my hubby. No drinks. Kinda pricey for me considering the buffet food wasn't really all that hot.

The staff are nice, but could be more considerate to guests (parking their carts in front of steps up 5 floors). The view is spectacular. I did not get out to the golf course or exercise room.

The cleaning staff are very sweet. It is not their fault they have towels which are a bit raggity. The shampoo is a bit runny so seems watered down. They have additional amenities (sewing kit, etc) at the front desk, but nothing extra will be in the room.

It was March and happened to be a beautiful day so I went for a run. The map they gave me took too long to figure out, so I just went out running. I went next to one of the lodges and there was dog poop all over the place, which I think I avoided stepping in!

The coffee was not good in the hotel at 2.50/cup - save your money and make it in the room. It is just as good.

Room Tip: Half the rooms face the mountain and the other side face the main resort (so you look at a rock wall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
At our resort, we strive to provide top-notch service, well-appointed accommodations and delicious on-site dining to our valued guests. While we’re glad to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, we certainly regret that it did not exceed your expectations. We encourage guests to reach out to us with any concerns and wish we were aware of yours as we would have been happy to assist you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We are looking into your comments to make certain we are doing our best. Thank you for your feedback, we hope you’ll consider returning for a future stay.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

VERY nice property, with most ammenities, but it could be soooo much more with a few extra touches. Stayed there for a hockey tournament, so it was crazy-full of boys, but despite that the place was overall very quite. The room decor and color scheme, however, could use an updating. It seemed a little worn and dreary. It would have been nice to have a microwave, as well. The housekeeping was lacking (they did not refill the t.p roll holder, and did not leave towels, OR creamer for the coffee on a couple of occasions.) Perhaps, they were overwhelmed.
Also, they could invest in a bit nicer quality tolietry items, that would go a long way.
That said, the facilities were super-nice, once you walked to them (which were, as others have said, outside, and it is brrrrrrr cold in February.) I could see it being quite lovely in the summer.
The breakfast was OUTSTANDING and the hosts were extremely friendly and polite.
I would have "upped" the rating if it were not for the needed details and housekeeping above.

Room Tip: If you are looking to use the exercise facilities, or looking for a particular view, or easier walk...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions based on your recent stay at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed a quiet stay at our facilities, however, we are disappointed to learn that it was not perfect in every way and apologize for any inconvenience. Our guest accommodations have been recently updated to offer a rustic yet modern decor ideal for relaxing and taking in the views of the Springs. Our housekeeping team will look further into your comments to ensure our rooms are refreshed properly and that we continue to respond attentively to the needs of our valued guests. Your warm compliments to our dining team regarding your delicious breakfast experience at Mountain View Restaurant are appreciated and will be shared with our associates. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort about 15 times (mostly for business). I could not speak more highly about them- this is one of my all-time favorite resorts. The service is absolutely top-notch. I've never had an issue that wasn't resolved immediately. The views of Cheyenne Mountain are absolutely stunning. The food is incredible (especially the buffet). The sheer volume of dessert options is amazing, and nearly everything there is delicious.

The rooms are in good shape and kept pretty clean. The beds are comfortable, and the whole experience of staying there is pleasant. They do offer shuttles to and from the Colorado Springs Airport for $18, which is cheaper than a cab ride.

My only complaint involves the exercise facility. It's located in a separate building down a hill from the resort. It's not a bad walk in the summer, but it can be a pain in the winter. The workout facilities are average.

In summary, though, this is a place I would recommend without blinking an eye. I always look forward to programs scheduled here, because the experience is always incredible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We are just overjoyed to learn that the Cheyenne Mountain Resort ranks among your all-time favorite resorts! It is always a treat to hear from a loyal guest that continues to enjoy their experience with us. We appreciate your kind mention of our staff, views and Mountain View Restaurant offerings. We’re glad our well-appointed guest accommodations meet your needs providing you with a comfortable place to rest. We’re sorry if the location of our fitness facility, just a short walk from our residential lodges, was of any inconvenience but are glad it did not detract from your visits. Thank you for your review, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back yet again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went a few times to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort to eat with Friends and had some Christmas Parties there with work! Every single time I enjoy the food very much! Been there for Lunch or Dinner ! It is classy, nice staff very friendly and professional! The Buffet has a huge variety of food and desserts! We ordered champagne excellent! I would give everything a 5* Star!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Your kind review and touching five-star ranking of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort mean a great deal to us. Our on-site dining options, ranging from the award-winning Sunday brunch and numerous buffets at the Mountain View Restaurant to upbeat casual dining at the Will Rogers Lounge, offer something for everyone. We’re thrilled you always experienced a delicious meal and great service and hope to welcome you again very soon. Thank you.

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!