“Great Buffet for everyone something” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Buffet for everyone something”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went a few times to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort to eat with Friends and had some Christmas Parties there with work! Every single time I enjoy the food very much! Been there for Lunch or Dinner ! It is classy, nice staff very friendly and professional! The Buffet has a huge variety of food and desserts! We ordered champagne excellent! I would give everything a 5* Star!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Your kind review and touching five-star ranking of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort mean a great deal to us. Our on-site dining options, ranging from the award-winning Sunday brunch and numerous buffets at the Mountain View Restaurant to upbeat casual dining at the Will Rogers Lounge, offer something for everyone. We’re thrilled you always experienced a delicious meal and great service and hope to welcome you again very soon. Thank you.

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family often stays at Cheyenne Mountain Resorts when we travel to the Colorado Springs area. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the public areas are very pleasant with a pool and hot tub area where families can socialize. The gym complex is a way off next to the golf course, but it is way better equipped than what you typically get at a hotel. While a bit south of the city, it is close to the Zoo and area attractions like the Garden of the Gods, The Cave of the Winds, and cliff dwellings.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms closer to the main building, there are rooms that are closer to the golf course, bu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
It is truly our pleasure to learn that the Cheyenne Mountain Resort is your family’s home away from home in Colorado Springs. We appreciate that you took the time to share all that you enjoy about our resort, from our staff to our recently updated guest rooms and numerous amenities. Set on sprawling resort grounds, our fitness center is located a short walk from a number of our residential lodges and offers the latest in workout equipment and classes. Thank you for your kind mention of our location near a number of famed Pikes Peak area attractions, we certainly hope to welcome you back for a return stay soon.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a beautiful resort. The restaurant food is great,..and the gym is exceptional. Those were my high points. The atmosphere is rustic and the views from your room,..if you ask for a view,..are beautiful. The pool,..fabulous. I went swimming at night ,..then enjoyed the hot tub for a while. It gets cool at night,...I was there in September,...they had a fire pit going on the deck. A few people were sitting around it enjoying the the cool mountain air and conversation. I recommend it if you're looking for a place to stay with all the amenities and romance without a high price. Just book off season for the better deals. The only down side,..not really for me,..but I can see it could be an issue for some is ,...the stairs and levels getting to your room. It can be a hassle if your loading and unloading ,..going to your room. Just an FYI,..if getting around is difficult for you,...book the first floor. Still,..you'll love your room and your stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view,..you'll have a small balcony with a couple of chairs. I went out and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We’re so pleased to read about your recent experience at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, it certainly seems that you enjoyed your time here. It is great to learn of all that you got to do during your stay, from dining at Mountain View Restaurant and working out at our state-of-the-art fitness facility to splashing around in our pool and relaxing in the hot tub! Our residential lodges offer accommodations fit for everyone, as accessibility is a top priority. Our guests are encouraged to reach out to our associates so that we can provide the best guest room for your needs. We’re thankful for your recommendation as well as that you see staying at our resort to be a value. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back so that you can enjoy our beautiful room views and grounds again soon, thank you for your review.
Denver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This resort is south of the famous Broadmoor, tucked away in a neighborhood and very unobtrusive. However, the great experience we had belies its understated presence. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, the grounds were lovely even in the Colorado dry winter. Our view of Cheyenne Mountain and the golf course were so pretty.

The room was outstanding and I mean this as a former employee of a four diamond historic hotel. I felt like a princess in the bed. High quality linens, warm duvet and so comfy. The decor was modern and timeless and the room was spotless.

We had breakfast at the resort's main dining area the next morning. At 14.50, I thought the buffet was pricey, but in the end, the food, coffee etc. were all plentiful and delicious. Nothing tasted like typical buffet food, and my husband got a fantastic and HUGE fresh cooked omelet. I would love to come back here any time of year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We are truly touched by how much you enjoyed your recent stay at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. It is wonderful to read that you found the service you received to be friendly, your accommodations lush and the views beautiful. Our hope is to provide high-quality guest accommodations, service and special touches like bedding and decor, to ensure our guests get the most from their experience at our resort. It is a delight to read of your appreciation for our award-winning brunch at the Mountain View Restaurant, which offers a daily spread of fresh, quality Colorado Fusion dishes and breakfast favorites. Your warm review is a joy to read, thank you for providing your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to the bar this afternoon with my wife. Ordered a Scotch. The barmaid poured the scotch, decided she poured too much - went to the back bar with the glass, poured the scotch into a shot glass, then poured the shot into a new glass - gave me that glass, and left the glass with the remainder of my Scotch in a glass on the back bar. Come on! Don't waste 50 cents on a customer.

My wife asked if she could taste the Malbec. The barmaid just poured her a glass, then gave me a bill. Really!

Did I mention the place is worn, dirty, and just not well-cared-for?

It is in a beautiful location, and the lobby is attractive - but someone needs to pay attention to the details.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
While we’re glad you enjoyed our location and found our lobby inviting, we deeply regret that your experience was not more positive. The service our staff provides is our top priority so we are sorry to learn of your experience as the service you described does not meet the high standards we strive to uphold. Your comments will be shared with our management team to ensure we take every opportunity to exceed our guests’ customer service expectations. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we hope you’ll consider giving us another try in the future.
Oak Ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed at Cheyenne Mountain Resort for a business trip and it was a very nice stay. The resort's rooms are plush, sumptuous, have a gazillion pillows, and they have free internet (which you know is important to me). The resort is in a unique location, meaning that it is in a quiet neighborhood, away from shopping, restaurants, and any amenities. This is great if your are here for vacation -- and I want to bring my family here sometime. But it is not so good on business, when youa re working form 8-6.30 and you want something fast, but not from the room service menu. I was discouraged from ordering when they tacked on additional charges for bringing something to yuour room. I was also discouraged when the shop in the lobby closed at 5 -- for business travelers this meant that just to get sundries we had to make additional coordination with someone (because I did not have a car) just to get to a local drug store. Another challenge was service -- in the bar it was spotty and to a degree, unprofessional. Servers wore short dresses with unique lace leggings, which in another bar would be very appropriate, but in a place like this, was out of place and little embarassing. I found it hard to talk with clients as the servers moved in and out. Plus, they sat AT THE BAR, and in those stockings, well, to someone out of town, and to the non-native US business people I was working with, I was asked if they were not servers, but 'something else.' I recommend the hotel look at training their bar servers to be a better fit for the beautiful building and its surroundings. THE BEST part of the hotel is the spa. Everyone there is terrific, the steam bath was fabulous, the classes excellent. The spinning instructors were very assertive and motivating, just what I need at 540 in the morning. Jason, the Cross Fit instructor was highly professional and even though he did not have a class that day, spent a lot of time with me to make sure I was doing everything right. In short, CMR is a nice resort that just misses the mark a bit with providing everything you need for a good stay.

Room Tip: Beware -- it is a large property and many of the rooms are in a valley below the main lodge. I clim...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
At the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, we strive to deliver serene accommodations and stellar service in picturesque Colorado Springs. We hope our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay whether visiting with us for business or leisure, so we are truly disappointed to read that you felt your stay could have been improved upon during your recent business trip. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding hours of any of our amenities, guests are encouraged to reach out to members of our team with anything they may need during their stay. Our in-room dining service is available from 6:00 AM until midnight each day and does include a $3.00 delivery fee. It is disheartening to learn that you felt the service you received was amiss during any moment of your time with us, we are truly sorry if you experienced anything less than our best. We will be certain to share your comments with our team in order to explore areas of our guest experience that may be improved upon. Thank you for your kind mention of our spa and fitness offerings, complimentary Wi-Fi and other highlights of your stay, we hope you’ll return in the future so that we may impress you at every turn.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on New Years Eve, with some friends. They had a deal posted and we decided to sign up for it, as well as talking some friends in to joining us. We thought it was going to be a great night in what was expected to be a high class hotel. The hotel room was nice, but that was the high point of our New Years experience. The bar, where they were celebrating, was overcrowded so they put make shift tables and chairs throughout the lobby. this lack of preparation was also reflected in the service. I ordered a 20 dollar glass of whiskey, which I had to send back because of stuff floating in the glass. Then at the end of the meal we ordered espressos, after the waitress said they had some. She brought back small cups of cold coffee. When I asked her what she had delivered she actually said "what do you expect, this is a bar?" Well, what I expected was espresso from the restaurant which was still serving. This awkward experience was topped off by the selection of an alternative blues band which was playing in the middle of the hotel. We were so embarrassed we invited out friends back to our hotel room where we offered some champagne we had purchased earlier so we could get away from what turned out to be a disaster of a hotel event. I can guarantee I will never believe what I hear about this hotel being "high class" again.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice, just stay away from the hotel lobby or service!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CheyenneResort, General Manager at Cheyenne Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. While we are glad our recently updated guest rooms provided you with comfort accommodations, we are truly disappointed to learn that the entirety of your stay was not more positive. Our staff strives to deliver world-class service to our guests, so we are deeply sorry if the service you received was anything less than exceptional during any portion of your visit. Your comments with be shared with our team so that we may recommit to our top priority -- our valued guests. It is our sincere hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back so that we may change your impression.

Been to Cheyenne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!