We spent a weekend at this conveniently located and well situated resort in the southern part of Colorado Springs. It is a typical conference style hotel with large public spaces and comfortable accommodations in a very beautiful setting near Pike's Peak. The bar is large with a good selection of beverages. The dining room is enormous. Window seats look over valley to rugged rocky peaks. Sleeping rooms are spacious and comfortable. The food however is another matter. One can order off the menu or have the buffet at every meal which is what the place touts. One dinner included lamb chops and braised buffalo--tasty but ordinary. Breakfast off the menu was ordinary. A seafood pasta dish off the menu incorporated pasta so glutinous as to be inedible. Similarly, a roast chicken dish was so overcooked that we could not finish it. The Sunday champagne brunch was delightfully set, but again the pork loin was dry and the spicy mussels so overdone as to be like rubber. One might suffer the poor food picking a choosing dishes from the buffet if the prices reflected the quality. They do not. At $32 the dinner buffet is just not worth the money; entree prices are only slightly lower. Frankly, given the look of the place, eating there was very disappointing!
- Also Known As:
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Mountain Hotel
- Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs
- Cheyenne Resort Colorado Springs Co
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Cheyenne Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.