“Do not ever go here!!! They will rip you off!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alikar Gardens Resort

Alikar Gardens Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Alikar Gardens Resort
You added Alikar Gardens Resort to your Saves list
1123 Verde Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80910   |
Ranked #72 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Lake Mary, Florida
“Do not ever go here!!! They will rip you off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband is in the military and we needed to find a place fast so this place was nice looking and all but...
*for one the parking lot is WAY TOO SMALL!!! And half the time it is a pain to even get a parking place!
*Also, there appliances are WAY too old!!! Like from the 70's...the oven doesn't ever fully cook and the dishwasher does not clean!!!! GROSS!
*Also the closet doors would practically fall off there tracks!!! it seemed not long after getting the place EVERYTHING started to FALL APART!!!

***We stayed there for a year and before we left we did are walk-through and since we had a puppy it would pee on the carpet, so naturally we would have to pay to get it shampooed and they recommended a place and we called them to come 2 days after we were gone. and that's all they said was wrong with the place and my husband signed and we were all done! WELL INSTEAD they decided to take advantage of our deposit money and replace the whole carpet all together (WHICH WAS NOT NECESSARY!) and charged us $450!!! They also canceled the carpet shampoo place completely!!! They didn't even bother shampooing it!!! they just decided to go ahead and replace it even though that was not agreed or said needed to be done when we did the walk-through!
I guess they figured it needed to replace it eventually why not charge someone to pay for it!!!!
ALSO they charged us $150 to paint the walls in that tiny living room cause "supposedly" there was urine on it.....uhhhh bullcrap.
My dog NEVER peed on the darn wall!!! He doesn't even lift his leg to pee! Seriously??? What the hell!
AGAIN just them charging people for fixes they needed to get done themselves!!!

I WARN YOU...NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE!!! IT IS HORRIBLE AND THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR STAY THERE AND CHARGE FOR THINGS YOU HAD NO REAL PART IN!!!

Room Tip: Do not go here! Waste of money!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed here with my wife. It is an older property but it's very well maintained. I was impressed with the landscaping which gave it a nice resort feel. It had nice gardens around the property as well. The staff was very friendly and we experienced all around good service. Everyone was very courteous and professional. I would stay here again and would also recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Alikar gardens for 1 month while we closed on a house. The staff was friendly and willing to help with any concerns we had. The apartment was clean and comfortable, and the laundry room, pool and fitness center were extremely clean and well maintained. The landscaping was beautiful. We enjoyed our stay.
Chuck and Laurie

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

For starters the parking is horrible because you never have a spot if there get there past 6 o clock in the afternoon because parking is so limited and the room in the parking lots because people always have friends/family over at any time of the day or night so you have to park either clear across the other side of the apartment complex or on the parking lot next to popeyes. Second rent is way to much for the little space that you get and when you move in they give you a move in inspection of the whole apartment and write down some things that you see wrong with it but if there is no space they tell you they will write it down on another piece of paper the next day.And when you move out they give you another inspection and tell you to clean up and when you have everything good and clean they tell you it isn't the way it is when u move in.But there is no way to leave it the way it was before because they know darn well it was dirtier before you moved in and i let them know when i moved in that's the reason why they take down notes. But I guess that's there way of trying to be lazy about fixing things when you move out.Also alot of people have had this happen to them not just myself alot of the things they write down from the move in inspection they lie about it and say it was dirty or that they said it didn't need to be fixed. So when you get deposit back they gave you about 20 dollars if your LUCKY! Don't let them fool you or bully you around stand up for yourself and let them know they are wrong and they need to go back in there paperwork because if you don't let them know they will never look at the paperwork and just charge you for everything. Last of all the service is horrible and maintence is horrible because when you ask for something to get done they take forever to do it and when they try to fix it they make it worse. So "BEWARE" of these apartments. They will try to get you for every penny you have and try to make you pay for everything even though it's there fault. Because they go into your apartment without your permission when your gone and you can let them know not too lots of times and they still do. Because they say it's a so called emergency.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Hot Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

For years I have wanted to get out of Arkansas during the hot days of August. Finally this year I got away--to Colorado Springs, where it is cool enough in the mornings to enjoy taking a walk. I encountered Alikar Gardens within a few hours of looking for a room, apt., house. or whatever I could find.. I stayed in their one bedroom apartment for a month. It was very clean and also comfortable, although I cannot say it was a beautiful apartment. But the grounds definately were beautiful, with a creek, benches, ponds, greenery, floweres, and more, including a nice picnic area and a lovely swimming pool and hot tub. The people in the office were ALWAYS nice and very, very helpful. Unlike the previous reviewer , I found them more than fair in dealing with some damage I DID do to the carpet. They were scrupulously fair in what they charged me. I am looking forward to returning next August. But yes, the only really bad thing was the old refrigerator!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

I recently separated from Active Duty and my wife and two children were moving from the East coast and using this place as a temporary place to stay for a month or two until I found a job and house to buy. We moved in and had a pre-move in apartment damage inspection done with the apartment manager. We ended up living here for a total of 5 weeks. Upon moving out into our new house, we were presented with a damage report that included all of the damages that were noted on our pre-move in apartment damage inspection as damaged and we needed to pay for them. It didn’t matter to them that I had the documentation stating it was damaged before we moved in. At first it started as they were going to charge us for new carpet, but that changed a couple of weeks later to new carpet padding, still not sure which story they went with. The owner really doesn't speak English and something got lost in the translation.

Worst features: 1960’s appliances, every apartment smells of smoke, walls are paper thin, it is in the worst part of the city, had my tags stolen off of my trailer that was parked outside for 6 hours during the day, several shootings took place within blocks of the apartment during the 5 weeks we stayed there, the pool (if you call it that) smells like rubber bands and makes you smell like rubber bands for a day or two after your done swimming.

I don’t really consider myself a whiner or a wimp; I have served 6 years active duty with sometime in Iraq.

BOTTOM LINE: DON’T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT A HEADACHE FROM DEALING WITH THE OWNERS AND HAVE YOU OR YOUR FAMILY PUT AT RISK FROM THE SURRONDING NEIGHBORS.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2005

My stay at Alikar Gardens Resort began in December just before Christmas. Although the Resort came to be highly recommended, nontheless, I was unprepared for the vacation that awaited me.
My family and I had come to Colorado to do some skiing and touring. While we did do much of this, it was the fact that my family's interests seemed to rest at Alikar that forces me to write this.
Durring the day they could either use the full fitness gym and recreation center or swim in the heated pool and hot tub. My oldest daughter would come inside all excited because it was snowing outside all around her while she was all cozey warm in the pool; which is also outside.
As for my youngest daughter, well, if she wasn't outside playing amid the many trees, streams and waterfalls, than she was inside the apartment using the high speed internet or watching her favorite cable TV movies.
AS for me, I enjoyed most everything the Resort has to offer, especially the friendliness of both the staff and management. It seemed they always went out of their way to be sure I was comfortable and content.
All in all I rate this fully furnished apartment complex very highly and never forget to recommend it to my freinds.