“Real authentic Mexican cooking!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Golden, Colorado
“Real authentic Mexican cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I and a family friend went here for lunch the other day. Parking was ok but could easily get crowded.

We were seated in a nice booth and the center table was free to move and adjust for big guys like me.

The service was 5 stars and the chips and salsa refilled without needing to ask.

They have a lunch menu where everything is around or under $8. The chimichangas I had were excellent. The rice and beans excellent as well.

This really is a great place to eat since everything is freshly made, tasty and the service ever so fine. My only complaint was that the portions were on the light side - but then again, I am a big guy. :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderful Fajitas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stopped in dinner and ordered the chicken fajitas for two. They provided 8 tortillas and we needed them to accommodate the huge portion of fajitas. Lots of onions, green peppers and chicken! Took the leftovers home- a great meal. Service was prompt and courteous.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monument, Colorado, United States
“Best service in Colorado Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The service here is the best in Colorado Springs. Food is good, well prepared with very little wait time. We've never had a bad meal here.

Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Good Lunch (Powers & Stetson Hills Blvds)!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Powers & Stetson Hills Blvds - Not sure if this is the same owner or not.

I was working at a nearby location and my boss offered to take me to lunch here yesterday. Hey, free lunch? I don't care where we go!

This restaurant is located in a newer building outside of a strip mall and is very clean. When we sat down we were offered the standard chips and salsa along with a side of refried beans for dipping. Maybe this isn't a fair measure of a Mexican restaurant but I can usually gauge the quality of the rest of the meal based on the quality of their chips and salsa. These? Very good. My boss and I couldn't stop eating them but decided after our second basket we needed to in order to make room for our actual lunch.

I ordered the Pollo Rellenos (2 marinated & grilled chicken breasts stuffed with cheese, bacon and I can't remember what else served with the standard refried beans and rice). The chicken was very moist, tender and flavorful which I enjoyed thoroughly. Cleaned my plate and left full!

Maybe if I had ordered the "Mexican-American" classics like chimichanga, fajitas or something along those lines I might have a different review for you. My only complaints are that the tines on my fork were badly bent and I asked for corn tortillas with my meal and received flour tortillas. Regardless, based on the quality of my meal I'd definitely go back again the next time I'm in the area and would recommend it to you as well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Expensive and poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Took my parents and my family here. I've been here twice and there is never anyone there. Spent $100 on lunch and the food was ridiculous and the staff was lazy. When we first got there we had 4servers surrounding us then by the time we wanted to order no one was around. Never got refills took forever to get our food which by then was cold and dry. No military discount.... Ridiculous!
First time I came was also with family for dinner and it was also empty swarming with servers then not to be found when needed. Food was ok.
When brought up to the servers they didn't seem to care dropped off check and left. Really upsetting

• Visited April 2014