“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods

You added Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 West Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went to the Springs for parents weekend and needed a room for one night. We didn't want to spend a lot of money, but still wanted something decent. We didn't need any "frills", just a clean room with a good bed, quiet enough for sleeping and close to downtown. Quality Inn worked out great. We didn't eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on it. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Guntown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

stopped for one night here...website showed awards for service at this motel, and they were correct...great location, great reception upon arriving, good clean rooms, great breakfast...just super motel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a nice property, well maintained and friendly staff, but, had to get the keys re-scanned before they would work and the wi-fi worked intermittently - not acceptable for a business hotel.
Probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in a room above ground level, they will be quieter, west side rooms have a view of Pikes Peak!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Steve R, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced problems with our wireless system. We had experienced problems the past few months and therefore, we upgraded our system in October to meet the needs of business travelers like yourself. I am sure you will experience a much improved system on your next visit with us.
Steve Rauch, Owner
Warrenville, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

On our first day of vacation, we arrived somewhat late, and left early - we did not stay long. We were in a "business class" room on the top floor; there was an elevator available. We looked at the outdoor pool, but were just too tired to use it. The room was clean, and quiet throughout the night. Breakfast was the standard "Choice Hotel" selection - which worked fine for us. The hotel is somewhat close to Manitou Springs and Garden of the Gods; but I wouldn't book this hotel because of its location for there were several other properties in the area (and are all within a few miles). It is in an urban setting; I remember there being a Chic-Fil-A next door. It was clean and quiet for our short one-night stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pueblo CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I liked this Quality Inn.

First, appearance: Nice lobby and breakfast area. Standard room decor, which was tasteful.

Cleanliness: very good in bedroom, bathroom, hallways, and breakfast area. No problems noted at all.

Practical: As others have noted, this inn is actually in 3 different buildings around each other. It's a bit more of a hike to the front desk and breakfast area than the usual. Ice and soda machines are located on each floor, which is convenient. And there's an elevator - whew!

Staff: Samantha checked me in, and she was very friendly and helpful. She gave me a complimentary room upgrade, and I liked having the frig and microwave in the deluxe room. There was also a great view of Pikes Peak, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I had read good reviews on the staff, so I was pleased that she more than lived up to them.

On the next shift, however, Erika (?) was abrupt and not very helpful. I had Chinese food being delivered, and she seemed put out by that when I called down to the front desk. (Huh?) Because she hung up on me before I had finished my call, I had to walk from my room on the 3rd floor of the farthest building to the office to pick up my food.

Now, I am extremely sympathetic to the hotel's efforts to keep its guests safe by restricting visitors to the various units. But I was trying to ask (?) Erika if she could direct the delivery person to my building entrance so that I could meet them at the door. But she had hung up on me yet again. Extreme "efficiency" is just rudeness. The manager needs to have a "chat" with her about that. I certainly didn't appreciate it.

I strive to be fair, though, and I won't knock the hotel down on the basis of one foolish employee. If she's there and does the same thing next time, it will be different. But anyway, for this visit, I was favorably impressed overall. The breakfast was above average, with a hot item option (biscuits and gravy) in addition to the usual bagels, toast, waffles, cereal, and fruit. The location is good, the view is very good, and the NICE staff are excellent (as in: Give that girl a raise!).

I hope to see you there! But ask for Samantha, not Erika! I travel extensively and know what type of service I have a right to expect.

Room Tip: There are 3 restaurants/fast-food adjacent to the hotel and more that will deliver. Be careful with...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Exceptional! The service, the room, the view, the value and the staff!!! Particularly Reggie (front desk), Delia (house keeping) and Richard Wahl (general mgr). They were all very attentive and provided excellent, pleasant, personable service! Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked this hotel because of it's location to surrounding activities. Very short drive to Old Town and Pikes Peak COG. Staff was a great help and the manager's happy hour was a good way to meet others and get their take on the surrounding activities. The room was very clean and breakfast was the usual hot breakfast for the Choice Hotels, which is one of the reasons we stay at them. The only con was the long walk from the room to the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking ask for room on first floor close to lobby.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods? Share your experiences!