“A little touch of home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods

You added Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 West Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Plainfield, Indiana
“A little touch of home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

This is a well kept property inside and out. I travel frequently on business and appreciate a very clean room with comfortable beds and that's what I got! The front desk staff were friendly and helpful in mapping out the best restaurants as well as other points of interest. I felt very welcomed here and have even been back a second time. Overall a most pleasant experience with a mountain view thrown in.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

This hotel is a great find! Wonderful location off of I-25, centrally located close to Garden of the Gods and Air Force Academy. I stayed in a two room suite with two bathrooms and pleanty of room for my little one. The room was exceptionally clean and the cleaning staff friendly. Front Desk were also efficient in answering questions for me. The breakfast had good variety and was constantly replenished. The value of this hotel is amazing! Low Rate/Great Service/Clean!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at this hotel. The staff were very friendly especially Nick at the lobby desk. The room had a great view of Pikes Peak and was extremely clean. Even my wife who always finds something wrong with our rooms could not find a complaint. We used the exercise room one morning and had the place to ourselves. Unfortunaely, they only had an outdoor pool so we will have to return during the summer to try it. For the price range, we felt like we got a true bargain.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Quality Inn and Suites in Colorado Springs. It's an older facility that has been refurbished and is the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed at any price level. The staff was very friendly and helpful and most importantly the bed and the shower were excellent.
I would sincerely recommend this facility and there is no extra charge for the beautiful views and proximity to beautiful outdoor attractions(Garden of the God's, Pikes Peak, etc.)

Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Humphrey

Room Tip: Received great room just by checking in.
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
MidWest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Spent one night on a business trip. Paid 75 bucks for a king bed room. The arrival/check in experience was decent. The young clerk, Samantha, was cute and friendly. The lobby, which also doubles as the breakfast area, was attractive enough.

One thing odd about this hotel is that the lobby is in a building completely separate from the building where the rooms are, and you have to go on a little hike to get to your room from the lobby building. This is really weird for a name brand hotel chain, and could be an issue for the elderly or not so fit.

Something I didn't like from the get-go is this hotel shares much of it's eastern parking lot with a Village Inn restaurant. For those who don't know, Village Inn is like a Denny's. Open all night, which means the likelihood of drunks in and out all night. I can't stand hotels that share their parking lots with restaurants of this type, as it's a roll of the dice with incidents and vehicle break ins. I drive an expensive vehicle (not luxurious, but expensive), and travel with tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment in my vehicle, so the parking lot set up, lighting, and general security are MAJOR concerns of mine. Back to that in a minute.

My room was decent enough. Average for this type of hotel. Modest, and generally clean. This hotel will likely need to be remodeled in another couple of years. The rooms are well used, but holding up.

One thing that was weird is when I turned on the faucet in the bathroom, it sprayed water on me and the mirror. Something was clogged up in it. I had to repair the faucet screen by unscrewing the end of the faucet and cleaning it out. A whole bunch of dirt buildup type junk came out of the faucet head. I've never had to repair a faucet in a hotel, but I guess there's a first for everything. You would think the maid should have caught that when cleaning the sink, but whatever.

The A/C/heater seemed relatively new, worked well enougn, and was not too noisy.

The TV was modest and okay enough, but something odd was there was only about 25 TV channels, which these days is not much of a selection. Also something odd is usually hotels have one movie channel such as HBO, but this one did not have HBO, but rather is had a couple of Encore channels. That was different. Just an observation. The lack of TV channels and varitey was a minor negative though.

The bed was firm and pillows generally soft and comfortable.

Now for some more significant negatives.

I had a horrible time getting logged onto the internet (wi-fi) in my room, and it kept cutting out on me for the hour or so I was on the internet. It took me around a half hour just to get it to work to begin with. The wi-fi router signal was strong, but I kept getting a "local only" (no internet) message when I checked the connection. I am not a computer expert, but I travel all the time and deal with wi-fi at hotels enough to know what I am doing, and enough to know if the problem is on my end or not. I wound up having to call the clerk, who told me she'd check the router. She called back and told me it was running fine. I kept trying different things and then after a while it just mysteriously let me go to the login page. I logged in, and nothing happened. After doing this a few times, I got it to work. Long story short, I kept having to log in every once in a while and the connection was sporadic. At one point, about an hour into my time on the net, the girl called me and told me she had just reset the router. Given this, she had apparently been fooling with it herself, probably due to other complaints. I was happy she followed up and called me back. She seemed genuinely concerned about the problem But overall, my internet experience was difficult at best, and was one of the lowlights of my visit.

Another negative that really upset me is I could not open the room window more than about 3 inches. Someone drilled a hole in the window frame and screwed a bolt into the frame to prevent the window from opening more than a few inches. Since I was on the first floor, it was obvious this was done to prevent someone from breaking into the room via the window. What the mental midget that came up with this idea forgot is THIS ALSO PREVENTS A GUEST FROM BEING ABLE TO GET OUT OF THE ROOM IF THERE IS A FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of God man, put a piece of wood in the window frame to keep the window from opening from the outside, but don't sign a death warrant for your guests by drilling down a bolt and physically preventing them from opening the window to escape during a fire or other emergency. That is INSANE. The hotel manager should be fired for allowing such a horrible error in judgement. There are plenty of lawyers who would be chomping at the bit to file that negligent death lawsuit waiting to happen. Needless to say, I grabbed some tools out of my car and immediately removed that bolt.

But the biggest negative, and something that pretty much ruined my stay was the fact that several parking lot lights on my side of the hotel were either off or burned out, and my car, which was parked right outside my room, was parked completely in the dark.. My room window was on the east side of the hotel, adjacent to the Village Inn parking lot. The lighting of the entire hotel was inadequate to begin with (I drove around it and checked after dark), but the east side was horrible. To make things worse, two large floodlights in the Village Inn parking lot behind the restaurant (and adjacent to the hotel) were out (or off) as well. This pretty much left the entire east side of the hotel parking lot nearly completely in the dark. I mentioned above that I have some very expensive items in my vehicle, so this kept me awake and nervous the entire night. Mix in the drunks milling about the darkened Village Inn parking lot in the dark and.......well, you can probably begin to see my concern. Whether you care about the safety of your car or not is your issue, but I don't like dark parking lots, especially in urban areas like this.

Since I was paranoid about my car being parked in the dark, I turned the heater in my room off and opened the window, so I could hear if anyone was to break into the car. This made my room cold and uncomfortable. In addition, since I had the window open, I heard the noisy Interstate 25 all night, as well as the drunks carrying on while smoking cigarettes outside the Village Inn all night long. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep and had a day of tired meetings and a very tired several hour drive home, all thanks to some maintenance moron who didn't do his job by keeping the parking lot lit adequately. I bet there aren't many reviewers here who would say the lack of parking lot lighting at a hotel ruined their visit, but it ruined mine.

Breakfast was decent. Since I didn't sleep well and got up late, I rushed through there for breakfast. I had a couple of hard boiled eggs and a yogurt to go. The coffee was good, and the orange juce was okay. They had biscuits and gravy which was a tad bit different, and I wish I would have had time to try it out, but I didn't.

Aside from the negative issues above, the hotel was average. I would have given it an average score, but I had to give it a poor overall rating due to my concerns, and would not recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
gmqualityinncs, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
I want to thank this reviewer for a very detailed review. Through his observations, we found that we had intermittant parking lot lights that have since been repaired. Yes we are next to a Village Inn and yes it does stay open 24 hours. In the two years I have been the manager of this property, we have not had any issues with loud or obnoxious customers from this establishment. They have been very good neighbors.

Our television package does include 3 movie channels from the Encore Channels. One of the reasons we chose this over HBO is the selection of "Kid Friendly" movies.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This was a decent place to stay, nothing fancy. TV didn't have many channels, which was disappointing. Breakfast sucked. Total carb breakfast, nothing to drink but coffee and milk. Little restaurant next door is decent though, so go there for breakfast. Great location, easy in and out unless it's during rush hour.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
I am very sorry that we did not have a breakfast that was acceptable to this traveler. Our Q-Breakfast includes coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk and two juices for drinks as well as two selections of fruit, hot and cold cereal, selection of yogurt, bicuits & sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs and a selection of paistries and breads and waffle bar. If a more complete breakfast is in order, Village Inn next door offers a 10% discount off their menu.
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My stay here was outstanding. Had a great sleep on a comfy mattress and loved the pillows. The bathroom was well stocked and very clean. My 3rd floor room looked out onto Pike's Peak--can't beat that for a view.
Breakfast included hot food choices and lots of cold choices for me. Coffee was always available in room and in the breakfast room and it was really good stuff.
Manager Gary was attentive to the needs of our group of travelers. The housekeeping staff worked hard to keep my room spotless and stocked. Front desk guys, Nick and Tom, took extra care to help print our boarding passes and make sure we were fed before we (sadly) had to hit the road super early on our way home.
This will be my preferred choice when we're back next year for the Susan G Komen 5K walk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to make everyones stay fantastic.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites, Garden of the Gods? Share your experiences!