“Awesome Steaks!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Awesome Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently enjoyed another visit here and again had one of the best steaks we have ever had! Prepared perfectly, service was great, got there around 5:30ish and beat the rush/wait. Love the decor with all the old signs, decorations.

Love the fact that they have a "rewards" program where when you spend X dollars you get a reward to use on your next visit. They are part of the Landry'c chain so you can use at other restaurants in their group as well. It is a nice incentive to visit again!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Incline Village, Nevada
“Food quality not consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I wrote an excellent review for this place and then went in and retracted it after three in a row bad experiences. I had been three times and before writing the review on the good filet and I thought a good value for the money but after going back I encountered issue after issues.
I ordered the filet again on a return visit and ordered it medium. It came well done. I sent it back and no issues there all though the rest of my family finished their meals while I was still waiting. I was not looking for a comp just for them to get it right. It came and it was perfect. The waitress brought the bill and stated we comped the steak. Okay but then I look at the bill and there was a comp then a charge again. I did not want to make a big deal but I pointed it out and she stated it was their accounting system. Well then I said don't say you comp it then. She asked if I would like to see the manager and I said yes. He also said well we comped it but it is our accounting system. Well if I am paying for it then it is not a comp. Anyway, they were confused and made a big deal out of - what they should have stated up front is that it was not a comp but how they accounted for it so there is a negative then a charge for the one you got that was cooked right. The whole thing was a hassle.
Then on the next visit I received along with the whole family, mash potatoes that were cold to the touch. They brought new ones but really?
Then again I was sat next to the bar/kitchen area and the smell of dish washing overcame us.
All in all, the manager is on the floor and working with the people but to have so many issues is a shame and it prompted me to pull my excellent review and place this one. May have all been just bad luck but not what I am looking for when eating out...........
Good luck

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
US
“Our go-to steak place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Four and a half stars, compared to other chains. Can't really touch the stand-alone steak places, and the prices are on the high end for a chain.

Food is good, portions are good, service is very fast and attentive. If they get something wrong, they are quick to fix it. The manager always visits the table, although it's usually a quick touch-and-go.

The salads could use fresher, crisper lettuce. The tomato on the salad is usually limp and tasteless, but it is Colorado in the winter.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“Nice steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We bumped into this restaurant because it was near our hotel and the other restaurants in the area were closed (or full) It was an unexpected great experience. The old-west decor was quite nice. The server very attentive and friendly. The chicken tortilla was quite good. The steaks were very nice. Juicy tender and with nice flavor. I had the Porterhouse and my kid had the Cowboy steak (28 ounce - can't figure how he ate it all). It was a very nice experience and not too pricey. It is a chain restaurant, but good.

• Visited January 2012
WA
“Decent Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our first time here was pretty good. We started with crab cakes and Texas 2 step cocktail;crab cakes were delicious and fresh and the cocktail was okay. The drink supposed to have vodka in it, but I barely tasted the vodka. I should have ordered a regular fruit drink instead. The house and garden salads were ordinary. My husband had a New York strip with baked potato, and I ordered chicken Laredo with scampi rice. His steak was better than the steak at Outback, and my food wasn’t outstanding: normal grilled chicken with greasy rice. The service was fast and our server was polite. It is a good and decent steak house for a chain restaurant.

• Visited October 2012