“Everything and everyone was wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Everything and everyone was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Can't say enough good things about the people who work here. They were so friendly and helpful at all times. Andy the omlette cook is especially talented. I've never had a better omlette, anywhere. The rooms are great, nicely decorated, clean, bed is comfy. I slept so well I forgot where I was. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was very nice especially for the price we paid. It is pretty well off the beaten path and in a section of a row of motels. It was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. The lobby and pool area were very nice, it would be better if the pool area and exercise room were open a bit longer, especially for those travelers that don't get there until late but need to stretch out and move some.
The only reason I didn't give this hotel and excellent is because of the staff. The lady at checkout was nice but it was 4am, the lady when we checked in was extremely not friendly. She wanted nothing to do with any small talk what so ever. I booked the room online and it asked for the other person in my party's name so I provided that, she was extremely confused if I or my husband was checking in and who was paying, if I needed two rooms? She was very curt and not very welcoming.
If they got some better customer service this would be an amazing, relaxing hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Normally, I love staying at Hilton Garden Inns. I like them because I always know what to expect when I stay there and I have never been disappointed...that is, until we stayed at the HGI Colorado Springs Airport.

We checked in at about 10 pm. There were two clerks at the counter when we arrived. One checked us in, while the other was on the phone with what sounded like a manager or something. He was saying "We had 11 incidents, and only 3 break-ins." Only 3??? I assume that he was referring to the cars in the parking lot, as there were several signs saying that paking lot users "Assume All Risks." Based on this, I am guessing that car break-ins are a regular occurence.

Also, as we were finishing check-in, I happened to notice a letter on the counter that stated that there would be no water starting at 11 pm. Since neither clerk had mentioned it to us, I asked if it was accurate. One of the clerks shrugged and said, "Yeah, they have to do maintenance. We didn't know about it until today." Since it was now after 10pm, I was very surprised that they didn't think it necessary to bring this to our attention. I completely understand that maintenance is necessary and beyond the control of the people working there, but I feel that they should be letting their guests know about this. Some bottled water would also have been nice.

When we got into our room, it was a disappointment. The beds were sloppily made, and there were some large black bugs flying around and a large yellow spider. We didn't really have time to worry about it though, because we had to worry about quickly taking showers and trying to move our car to a lighted area.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed in this Hilton Garden Inn because it did not even come close to meeting the standards I have witnessed at many other locations. From what I saw, the staff has a very casual attitude about service and safety for their guests.

There are many other options for lodging in Colorado Springs. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
pacvictor, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I want to apologize for the unforunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guest is the utmost importance and is always a focal point if our operations in order to continue providing our guest with a great experience. We are sorry about the maintenance work and the short notice, it's a difficult and uncomfortable situation and we apologize. We also work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify and pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise the sitation has been addressed. Your business is very important to us and hope that you will give us another try when visiting Colorado Springs.
Lake Tahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean, and convenient if you are flying into or out of the Colorado Springs airport. The restaurant is very good (although my hubby's burger was wayyyyy over cooked) and super convenient. But beware of the bar prices. We had drinks at the bar and never bothered to ask how much they were. Bad move...a double pour was $14.50 each. We now joke that we could have bought a 750ml bottle for the price of each drink! There are no stores, restaurants, or bars nearby, so you are kind of stuck with what the hotel has to offer. But it is a really nice place...just be sure to BYOB!!!

Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

No problems and everything I expect of a hotel. Excellent breakfast, never rushed. (Better to pay for a great breakfast than get a lousy one for free.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel was very clean, and we had a pleasant stay. There's a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The only think I missed was the vending machines. They do have a little "store", but a bottled drink was $3.22. Our key cards kept failing to work, so that was a little annoying. But that's really nothing to complain about, seeing as this hotel was very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ringgold, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff was great. Ken at the front desk was very helpful. He really went out of his way to help me out with the business center. Stacey Popovich was such a breath of fresh air. Very friendly and attentive to not just me but to all of the patrons that I saw her interact with. I rate this hotel very high. I stay out over 200 nights per year and my standards are pretty high. This hotel blew them away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport? Share your experiences!