“Not your typical “airport hotel”!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay, Park, and Fly
Ranked #7 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs
“Not your typical “airport hotel”!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Not your typical “airport hotel” quality starting upon your arrival at the front entrance to the beautiful rooms. Beautiful views of the mountain range. No airport noises and customer service superb.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
gary7272
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

As a diamond/gold member of the Hilton Honors, I have stayed at a number of their properties. The Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs/Airport, without a doubt had the best and most attentive staff I have ever encountered. We (my family) were always addressed by our names. The restaurant staff went beyond what was required in accomodating my wife when she was not feeling well(creating a fruit plate, etc.). The breakfast and dinner were both outstanding, much better than the usual HGI fare. While the rooms and facilities were both equal to most HGI's, the staff was truly outstanding!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Saint Robert, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stay at Hilton Hotels and have enjoyed stays in all their different brand hotels. This time I chose the Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport for my business trip. I'm really glad I did. The staffs were considerate, friendly and very professional. When I arrived and checked in I spent about 30 minutes talking to the ladies on the desk. It was nice to know they would take the time with me and make me feel at home. I have 2 to 3 additional trips there and I plan to stay there and have an additional number of my co-workers stay there also. Thanks again.

Room Tip: I'm sure there all great
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very good location for a business stay near the airport or AFB. If you need to be on north end of town, this is not the spot for you. If you want a kitchenette w/dishwasher, stove, etc, this is also not the spot for you, although the rooms do have a microwave and small fridge. They seem to fill up fast, so make advance reservations to avoid being turned away. Much nicer than the nearby Hampton or Comfort Inns. Staff seems very friendly and helpful; much better than the nearby Homewood Suites we stayed in earlier this month. Good breakfast selections, including made-to-order omelettes. Good cookies at front desk when checking in. Dinner options in restaurant are also very nice, including some nice salads and wraps. Plenty of choices for vegetarians, even during a mulit-night stay. Good happy hour prices, too, for beer and wine. Very nice to be able to have a few drinks and then take the elevator up to your room and not have to drive. There are no other restaurants within walking distrance, but plenty of options if you are willing to drive a few miles. Bed was comfortable. No problems in room. Plenty of parking, although the lot is very dark at night. Just a few negatives after a very good stay: shower pressure is very weak, and so this meant a really long time in the shower to get a good rinse. The elevator had a strong smell of cigarette smoke, as did the stairways. Finally, as we were leaving very early this morning, we ran into a large group of loud, barefoot kids running in and out of the business center (whose door was propped open), around the lobby, hallways, and dining area. Made us happy we were checking out and not in. Perhaps when the business travelers leave, they fill the hotel with these school groups on the weekends. Otherwise, our best bet for this area, by a long shot. Will certainly return during the work week.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Hotel staff extremely friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasent one. Location is very close to airport (5 minutes) and there are no restaurnats close so you will need a car to get to locations where there are a good selction to choose from. I found a McD and Subway 5-minutes away, but you will need to drive farther to get to places where there are better selections to choose from. Rooms are nice, seem new and Internet speed was good.

Breakfast is standard HGI fare and an average selection. Did not eat dinner so cannot comment on the food quality -- cookies were always put out and kept stocked (some HGI do one serving and call it quits). The gym is a little small and not many choices -- however, this HGI offers a complementary membership to Bally's. I did not go as it was pretty cold while there.

I will most likely look for a Hilton property that is closer to restaurants -- but I will recommend this place if you are seeking conveinance to/from the airport.

Tip: Airport is easy to get through security so no need to arrive 2-hours early...I arrived 1-hour before and had 40-minutes to spare.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
parker
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for my sons hockey tournament.

As this is our youngest of two that is playing hockey, we have stayed in several hotels over the years and had many different experiences, (mostly good).

First I should state that I am a Gold Member with another national hotel chain, so it wasn't my choice to stay at this hotel.

To sum it up, the staff simply "gets it" when it comes to dealing with large groups of people and accomodating everyone and their needs/requests.

The staff was very nice and friendly to everyone as far as I know. Since this was one of the tournaments preferred hotels, they set standards for all the families and made us aware of these on check in. I am not a fan of being told what to do, I think parents should be responsible for their families, but after reading the guidelines, I thought they were fair and I agreed.

During our stay there we had some special requests since two of our players were celebrating their birthdays that weekend, the hotel allowed us access to a private room, they made special meal accomodations for everyone at the hotel, not just us, but included us.

I guess what I am happiest about is that the staff worked with us and our crazy timelines to make our weekend away from home pleasant. I spoke with other families who were not with our team and they were just a happy with the hotel.

After my experience I am now looking to share my hotel stays with Hilton.

If given the chance, I would give this hotel a try , they are a little out of the way, but they go WAY out their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Anthony

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I was in town for 5 nights on business. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, I decided to stay at this hotel. I am glad that I did. I am very familiar with Colorado Springs; our family has spent most of its summer vacations in the Springs. We usually stay at the Broadmoor (You can read my reviews of the Broadmoor on tripadvisor). However, I was traveling alone and my days were occupied in meetings. Therefore, this hotel was great. It is very clean. The hotel is about 4 years old. Do not worry about the distance from downtown. Every day, it normally took me about 10 -- 12 minutes to get to the Olympicc Training Center which is close to downtown.

The Room: The room was clean and spacious (I had a King bed). The bed was extremely comfortable and made for deep and restful sleep.

The hotel offers a nice warm chocolate cookie whenever you come in either for check in or just to go to your room. The breakfast area allows you the choice of a continental breakfast or a hot breakfast (I enjoyed my omelette [cooked to order] and bacon). The staff is very friendly and responsive to your needs.

I highly recommend this hotel for the business traveler and for the tourist who doesn't want to pay the high prices of the hotels and motels along I-25.

If you forget to bring something, don't worry, there is a grocery store 1 - 2 mintues away. Also, there is a 7-Eleven within 1 minute of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport? Share your experiences!