“Relaxing Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Orland Park, Illinois
“Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

All employees were very friendly. The front desk and Andy Harris the General Mgr were happy to recommend not only the best sights but also good places to eat while there. Andy is a hands on manager and was always around. The pool was a comfortable temp and provided a nice rejuvenation after a long day. Breakfast was always hot and provided the usual choices. If in the area we would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room. Ours was on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
andy h, General Manager at Springhill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your very kind words regarding our award winning service at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. We also cannot wait to have you back at the hotel next summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Willard, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This staff, from the maids, to the breakfast staff, to the desk staff can't be beat. Natasha and Cynthia were my favorites, so positive, very helpful and hard, hard workers. The breakfast lady went out of her way and helped everyone, even the manger was on the spot when she was busy. Desk clerks made life easy for all of us.Great team of individuals.

Room Tip: just get anyone
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. Our staff was very happy to hear that you really enjoyed their award winning service during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I like staying in Springhill Suites, because they are the perfect size for a traveling family. I like that I have the little kitchen area to put all my groceries (small fridge, microwave, plenty of cabinet space and a small sink). We travel with a cooler, so I can make up lunch to put in the cooler while we are hiking. Room is nice and big so kids can run around a bit (our kids are 9 and 6), and it's nice to have a desk/office area so my husband and I can work a little on the road. It offers a nice breakfast, and the staff is friendly and helpful. One warning though, the pool is TINY. Like almost comically so. They probably figure that folks who vacation here won't be in the hotel much anyway with all the natural beauty outside, but still, kids love to swim at the end of the day, and it's nice to have an option if the weather is crappy. My kids still swam in it, but we were the only ones in it. If two other people decided to show up, we'd have to take numbers. But that is the only downside. Nice property, nice beds, clean rooms, good breakfast, nice value. A bit away from the main attractions of the area, but worth it. Also a safeway very nearby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Large hotel. Clean and modern. Nice breakfast offered in a bright room in the morning. Appreciated the coffee and tea that was available all day. Workout room is small with 3 pieces of equipment, but I never had a problem waiting for a machine. Rooms are large. Beds were comfortable. I would stay here again if it weren't for the noise. I could hear neighbors next door showering, talking, and the noise from doors in the hallway closing was the loudest in any hotel we stayed at during our weeklong trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. Our hotel will be renovating in early 2015 and we will be looking into some additional sound proofing in our hallways and rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
kitchener
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

As with most reviewers I too had a very positive experience with the staff at this hotel. In particular I wanted to give my thanks to Matt at the front desk - he was very helpful and basically mapped out most of my trip through Colorado Springs - saved me a whack of time and gave me a couple of really good spots to visit that only a local would know about.

Hotel is very clean, quiet, up to date and affordable. Comes with fridge and microwave. The pullout beds are huge convenience especially when you have 4 kids to worry about. I also appreciated the extra effort for being a Marriott rewards member. Not all Marriott properties go the extra block for their members, but this place did and those are the things that don't go by un-noticed.

Excellent hotel if you have a larger family with kids. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We were also thrilled to hear about our night auditor Matt going above and beyond, providing you with a detailed breakdown of our area to enhance your experience in Colorado Springs. We would also like to thank you for your Marriott loyalty and hope you continue to use Marriott for many years to come.
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights for business travel. Pretty good amenities offered such as complimentary wireless, breakfast option, a small workout room and a small pool, which I didn't not use. Service wise, the front desk lady checking me in was friendly but the guy who checked me out sort of not organized and gave me the receipt of different guest...

Overall the room is nice and spacious, with microwave, mini fridge and good working desk. However, the pillows are too soft for my liking. The housekeeping staff kept leaving all decaf coffee in my room, which doesn't affect me much since the hotel pretty much keeping pot of coffee at all time in the lobby...one of the day the housekeeping pretty much left all the cups and coffee pot unwashed, which was not acceptable in my opinion....

Breakfast option is OK, I'm not the type of person who gets tired of eating the same stuff everyday, but for others who enjoy a bit more variety they might be disappointed...the breakfast area staff is attentive, they will refill coffee whenever they are informed of running out...

Room Tip: I requested a upper floor but it is at the back of the hotel so the view wasn't that great but i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
andy h, General Manager at Springhill Suites Colorado Springs South, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank your for taking the time to give us your honest feedback regarding our SpringHill Suites Colorado Springs South. We will be addressing the items of concern with our front desk staff as you should have received the correct hotel folio at check out. We have already addressed the cleanliness concerns with housekeeping regarding your stay and apologize for any inconvenience. Lastly our hotel and the SpringHill Suites brand are currently looking into rotating more breakfast items for our guests who are with us for an extended period of time. We again thank you for your comments and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Andy Harris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My family stayed here for three nights, and we could not have been happier! We wanted something CLEAN and up-to-date. It was perfect. We asked for an upper room and had a beautiful view! Check-in was easy and quick. Service was helpful and friendly. We asked for extra pillows and towels. They were very accommodating. The mini fridge and microwave were enough for what we needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a great stay!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Springhill Suites Colorado Springs South? Share your experiences!