“Friendly and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Friendly and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We are locals who stayed here for two days this week while we were evacuated from our home for wildfires. The entire staff was extremely friendly, compassionate and helpful. They made room for us during a very busy tourist season. The room was clean and quiet. The lobby is comfortable and we spent a lot of time there watching the TV. Plenty of restaurants, movies and shopping close to the hotel. Close to major roads, so getting around town from here is easy. I would particularly like to thank Heather, Nancy and Noah. This staff is the best!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midwest, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stay at this hotel often for business. The staff doesn't turn over much... The faces are always familiary and friendy. The rooms are a little noisy once in a while but not much different than other hotels I stay in like Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast seems to be a bit of an afterthought, but I'm not a breakfast eater so that part doesn't bother me at all.

Rooms are clean, clean.. Staff is accomodating... Location in Northern Colorado Springs on Centennial and Garden of the Gods road. This is always my pick when I'm in that neck of the woods!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed for 5 days, pool was closed - but next door hotel (Marriott) was made available, nice long stay location with kitchenette, minimal breakfast, convenient to Peterson AFB.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here for about 50 days or so.

The good: housekeeping does a good job of keeping the place clean. The hotel is very near Peterson AFB and the airport which was very convenient for me. There are restaurants up Powers Blvd a few miles and there is a Safeway down Fountain. Not the most convenient place for restaurants but it's just a short drive.

The bad: the rooms are somewhat noisy. Unfortunately, hotels like this use cheap plywood floors and I certainly wouldn't want to stay on anything but the top floor. You can hear people walking down the hall and kids are particularly bad when they run. If you have a kid, don't allow him/her to run in the hall. It's annoying. The doors to the rooms don't seat well in the door frame leading to even more outside noise in the rooms. Breakfast is not very good either. Several types of cereal-Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Cocoa Krispies, Special K w/strawberries, and Raisin Bran. Also oatmeal in envelopes, bagels, english muffins and Sara Lee blueberry and banana nut muffins. Some milk, yogurt and fruit also. Other Marriott properties I have stayed at at least offered Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. This one however does not. No eggs, bacon, toast, boiled eggs, or waffles either. Not a very good breakfast in my opinion. I end up going to Waffle House or Carl's Jr. for my breakfast.

The ugly: the basic internet is horrible. Hotels need to get with the program and offer something that works and at halfway decent speeds.This particular hotel has free internet but it is so bad, you may want to pay for the upgrade to faster speeds. It is around $29 per week. If you are on business and download things like I do, you will need this. The internet itself drops several times per day for no reason and takes a few minutes to restore. Unacceptable. Just the fact that they offer better speeds if you pay extra should alarm you. This should be a basic services for all hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Peyton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stated here for about a week. Nice room, it was clean and had everything we needed. Like other reviews mentioned it was kind of noisy. Could hear people above us and lots of noisy in the hallway. The staff was nice, they let us pick which room would be better for us as we were travelling with two small dogs. They had a nice grassed area for the pets to use.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is an average, clean hotel, with basic curb appeal. But, looks aren't everything. I stayed there for a week, and the place was so noisey, I couldn't believe it. I asked to change rooms. You'd think they would make sure I was in a relatively quiet room. Uh-uh. The next room was even worse. Noise above, noise below, noise in the hall. Morning, noon & night. All except one of the staff members were either terribly rude, and did not return phone calls. I believe they deal with so many guests that are dissapointed in their stay, that the employees have an all-around bad attitude, and act as if they don't like their jobs. I see the name Marriott is on their sign out front. This is as far from a Marriott as a Motel 6. My review is unemotional. I am stating the facts. I travel all over the country, and have stayed in extended stay hotels nation-wide. This is the absolute worst. Small, expensive worn-out rooms. There is no value whatsoever at this location. I highly do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Shop around before you make a reservation here. There are many extended stay hotels in Colorado Spri...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed in one of their 2 bedroom suites for 4 nights. We had a queen bed in each of the bedrooms there was also a sleeper sofa in the living room. There was a fully equipt kitchette and a kitchen table. The rooms were modern as was the bathroom.
They do have free continental breakfast, nothing spectacular though. There was free wifi, although I did have a few issues with it the 2nd day of our stay. There is 1 computer in the "business center" as well as a printer that wouldn't print. The pool was a little cramped while we were there.
Overall we loved our stay here and would definitely stay again! I would highly recommend the 2 bedroom suite to families.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Colorado Springs South? Share your experiences!