“Helpful, clean and friendly (to me and my dogs!)!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel San Ayre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
Hotel San Ayre
You added Hotel San Ayre to your Saves list
3320 West Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80904   |
Ranked #18 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
San Luis Obispo, California
“Helpful, clean and friendly (to me and my dogs!)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Mike and Steve were great in helping me and very friendly. I am moving to Colorado Springs and needed a place to stay with my two big dogs, who are my kids, while finding a home. The room was spacious and clean and had a kitchenette. It has a very convenient location to Old Colorado City, Manitou Springs and downtown. I would absolutely recommend Hotel San Ayre.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here last year for a couple days before we hiked Pike's Peak. All of the rooms were being remodeled, and each room was unique. Our room was clean, newly remodeled, and comfy with lots of room to sort your gear. Mike and Steve gave us great advice about our hike and alternate hikes in the area. They are good people who put a lot of care into making the hotel stay a great experience for guests.

The hotel is right along a highway, but we didn't notice any noise. There is, as I recall, a good Mexican restaurant down the road, but I wouldn't recommend walking to it -- there weren't any sidewalks. No biggie. Upon staff recommendation we went to Mason Jar. We went back twice more just for biscuits to-go. (They are that good.)

We like comfortable motels/hotels with character (no boring chains, please) and good people; Hotel San Ayre and staff were perfect. We'd happily stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
TABERNASH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

Steve was wonderful. Adorable rooms. But the hotel is TOO close to a main road, which is a shame. Car traffic until 1am (which we were told died down @ 10 pm @ the latest). Then @ 6am a yippy dog next to our room started yapping when its owners left their room! Total shame as the rooms were quaint & electic& service was awesome.

• Stayed June 2011
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed for two nights at the San Ayre and enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a king bed for free - a nice touch. Room was very cosy and impeccably clean. The hotel itself is very neat and has an area to grill and chill outside. The location is very handy, though traffic noise could be an issue; a by-product of convenience I think. Steve and Mike at the front were super helpful with ideas of things to do and advice. Price represents very good value as well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We were greeted late on Christmas eve with a warm friendly face, happy to see us. the Colorado Cottage is a virtual home away from home, with all amenities you would expect from a home. The staff was completely unintrusive. If we needed nothing, they were not to be seen. We simply had their Cell phone #'s in case we needed them any time. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

The decor was great -- made you feel like the place was well taken care of and that the owners were invested in providing a good experience and ambiance --both of which are true. The rates are fair and flexible. The location is in proximity to artsy manitou stores and old colorado city shopping as well. Grocery store, movie rental, and library close too -- but, inevitably, close to sound of streets as well. Overall, we felt well tended to but not smothered; rooms are cozy but not overdone; stay was comfortable and easy to enjoy. We would definitely come again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the Hotel San Ayre for a week while exploring the Colorado Springs area. I found this hotel on an ad off Craigslist, and was pleasantly surprised by not only the location, but the hospitality and price of this amazingly wonderful hidden gem.

The hotel is directly across the street from a Safeway; a huge plus for people who are not looking to eat out every night. The hotel is located on a main street, and it is very easy to navigate to and from the hotel to all of the beauty located around Colorado Springs. And even though the San Ayer is located on a main street....I never once was disturbed by any noise.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly, professional and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. My fiancé and I felt very welcome….and very lucky to have found such a wonderful hotel to spend our time and money at. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING GUYS!!!!

Andrew & Meagan

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel San Ayre? Share your experiences!