“Terrible food, even worse customer service!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #235 of 1,062 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Terrible food, even worse customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Lucha Cantina for dinner and were met with a subpar experience. Food was mediocre, in my wife's opinion, but the chips were good and I was happy with my SHREDDED beef tacos, so I decided to go back again.

The second time around I decided to order the shredded beef tacos again. When the server brought out our food, I was met with strip steak tacos. I told the server that I actually had ordered the shredded beef tacos, and he apologized stating he could make them again or get me something else. I decided it was fine and I would eat them because we had already waited 30 minutes for our food.

While eating my non-shredded-beef-strip-steak tacos, the owner Chuck [--] approached the table and asked, "is there a problem with your order?" I politely informed him that I ordered shredded beef tacos, and he then told me that these were their shredded beef tacos. I told him I had been here just a week before and had actual shredded beef tacos, and he eventually told me that I was lying because they do not make (and have not ever made) them there. He then tried to back peddle by saying that their "machine was broken" and "they didn't cook it properly" and continued on with an aggressive tone. He told me "you're eating it already" "what's wrong with it" "give it try, you might end up liking it".

I could on and on about the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had at a restaurant, the owner that told me he "doesn't need my business", and the overall manner in which the situation was handled with zero regard to customer service. In the end, one $4 bill was removed from my tab but never offered to reconcile the situation appropriately and did nothing but come at me with an aggressive, defensive nature.

New-to-town business or not, a restaurant owner whom has been in business for "30 years" (as he informed he) should know better than to treat a customer like this. But that's ok, like he told me, he "doesn't need my business."

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Healthy New Local Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great new addition to downtown--yes we do have several other Mexican places downtown but this one is a bit different. I was pleasantly surprised to find they serve brown rice and whole beans (no refried). Very healthy food. Wonderful Chicken/SPinach enchilada. Great green chile and wonderful local (Colorado) craft beers.

• Visited February 2014