“Best Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1307 Republic Drive, I-25 North @ interquest - Exit 153, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Fort Worth, United States
“Best Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family stayed at 3 hotels during our trip to Colorado. Our stay at the Hampton was so good that we canceled our 2nd night stay in Denver and drove back to Colorado Springs. The hotel and staff met all expectations of a well ran hotel. Friendly and Professional staff and Clean and Comfortable Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your resent comments. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us during your entire trip.. We are very proud of our exceptional team that we have here, and we love to hear the compliments. Thank you again and we look forward in seeing you on your next travels in the area.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Coralville, IA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was excellent. From the moment I arrived to the last encounter after departure, this hotel was excellent. Hotel was clean and well kept throughout. Very good place for my family's stay in the area. There was special enthusiasm from the person who had responsibility for the continental breakfast. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your reponse about our property and we are very pleased that you enjoyed all of the ammenities while you were here .I will let our breakfast hostess know how much you enjoyed her great service and hamptonalitiy. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Another good experience at Hampton Inn--I have always been able to count on prompt and efficient service and business-friendly rooms and services. I found the staff responsive to my needs, and the location was convenient. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn brand. We are very pleased that your resent stay at our property was accomodating for your business travels. I appreciate the compliment for our terrific, and professional staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next travels to the area.

Federal Way, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hampton Inn is a reliable brand, and this one was pretty much up to par. The room was well stocked and clean, the TV was a newer flat-screen, the AC worked well, and the bathroom was nicely decorated. Though I'd never been to this particular property, it felt familiar because of the many times I've frequented Hampton Inns - lumpy comforter and all! (It really is a nice comforter; I can't figure out why they're lumpy in every hotel.)

I had only three complaints: 1) Housekeeping did not empty BOTH trash cans, nor restock the coffee, nor replace the towels I'd used. I stayed 3 nights, and each day there was something overlooked (but the bed was made with its lumpy comforter);
2) The eggs at breakfast were a very interesting and unappealing texture. I've had eggs-poured-from-a-carton at other motels, but I fear these may have been genuine powdered. They were actually mushy, even when made into omelets;
3) As others have stated, the walls are paper thin. I could hear the person in the room next to me talking on the phone.

The front desk staff more than made up for the small inconveniences, however. Everyone I encountered was friendly and professional, and when my traveling companion had issues with the AC unit and the TV (in another room), both problems were fixed immediately.

I would definitely stay here again--I always return for those cookies!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate your comments during your last stay at our property. We are in the process of replacing the comforters... they are nice and can be a little lumpy I will address our executive housekeeper to make sure that all the supplies are being refreshed every day. I am happy that our front desk staff was able to assist you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next travels to the area.

General Manager .
COLLIERVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel was very standard IMO, especially for the large price tag $200+/night. The front desk help was fine, quick check-in. The room was fine (although I requested a room with a view on the website check-in and did not get one, nor was the hotel full. Do hotel personnel even read "Special Requests" sections?). The view that one reviewer mentioned appears to be blocked now by a newer hotel. As we had never been to Colorado we really wanted a view and saw mostly parking lot. The area is not very attractive and driving from the South is a downright nightmare on a very busy street for 10 miles.

Our room was over the outdoor hot tub and the children playing there were VERY loud. Glad they left after an hour. One thing this hotel needs to make clear to restaurants advertising in their own hotel information booklet -- if I call you to deliver a meal to me, you should have heard of the hotel before! We called a Chinese restaurant who seemingly had never heard of the hotel and asked three times for the street address.

I would stay elsewhere next visit. Not because anything was wrong, but TripAdvisor usually has outstanding #1 hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotchkiss
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This Hampton Inn property was wonderful. It was easy to get to, clean, safe, and quiet. It's a short drive to wherever you want to go in Colorado Springs. We booked a two-queen bed suite with a pull-out couch. It was perfect for myself, two smaller children, and a teenager. They utilized the hot tub and pool. Their only complaint was how salty the pool was. I expected warm cookies upon arrival, but was told they only do that Monday-Friday. We were offered packs of gum, however. This was a great property and we would stay there again. Also, we got 2x the points!

Room Tip: Room 228 is a 2-queen bed suite with a pull-out couch. It has a somewhat obstructed view, however...