“Very Friendly Staff/ Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1307 Republic Drive, I-25 North @ interquest - Exit 153, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Friendly Staff/ Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Very friendly staff. Clean rooms, modern and kept up. Very comfortable beds, nice to have a frig and microwave in the room. Laundry room on sight also a added plus. We had a total of twelve rooms in the hotel, filled full of wedding guests from California, oregon, minnesota, south dakota, and Wisconsin. This hotel was wonderful. We as a large group gathered in the comfortable lobby area to visit on many evenings. The breakfast was on time daily, and they didnt rush out to clear everything on the dot if people were just arriving. Our stay consisted of seven days and every day was great service. All of these idividuals are very valueable to your company and should be proud of the service they give.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Flower Mound, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Again, I had a wonderful stay. The staff never disappoints me as they are always amazingly helpful and offer great Customer Service. Friendly, Clean, Comfy and located in a great area. This is my hotel of choice when I am in the Springs. I will and do recommend this to Co-workers, family and friends as this is a great hotel for business and pleasure. I just wish so many of the larger and higher rated hotels would follow the Customer Service of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Santa Fe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone traveling in the Col. Springs area. It was excellent inall aspects and I would stay there again anytime I'm in the area. It also has the advantage of being 30 minutes from the south end of Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Waukesha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Loved the hotel, quiet and accomadating. We had four rooms with six grandkids in-tow. The grandkids had a ball in the pool and it was large, I was able to swim laps easily. All the rooms were comfortable and we had two rooms with the balcony view of mountains, but to our surprise in the morning we were able to watch the air force trainees practice take-offs and landings in small planes, exciting.

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

A quiet place for family vacation close to major attractions. Room was very clean and staff was very helpful for all our requests. Breakfast was fine - Hampton Inn standard. Overall a very good experience for us and our grandchildren.

Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Easy to see why this hotel is one of the top rated in Colorado Springs.

My family stayed in a King Suite, which is bigger than a typical hotel room but not exactly what I would consider a suite. It had a king bed and a full sized sleeper sofa. The “suite” part was probably the desk and the additional sink area that was separate from the bathroom. The small kitchenette (sink/counter/fridge/microwave) is nice for snacks and cleaning up, but I’ll note that the suite does not have a room that is separate from the sleeping area, so it wasn’t possible to put the kids to bed and then hang out in a separate area while they slept.

The room and bathroom were very clean. Furniture and décor were modern and tasteful. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean. I did my customary bedbug check and found no signs. One good thing about Hampton is that they clean the duvet covers between each guest, so you’re not sharing the same dirty floral print polyester quilt that the last 100 guests have used like some other hotels. One thing that I’d like to see (this is not unique to this chain or location) is for hotels to use sheets and mattress protectors with a snug fit that do not slip off of the mattress.

Breakfast was good (oatmeal, danishes, meat, eggs, cereal, yogurt, waffle maker, and fruit that did not look canned to me), but nothing special. The dining area was clean and roomy. They also had pre-made to-go breakfast bags, which was a nice touch.

Wi-Fi was free and worked fine in my room. We used the indoor pool and it was nice. There was a workout room and an outdoor hot tub that I did not use, but they looked nice.

They do allow pets, which is a downer for me since I would not travel with one, but I did not see any signs of pets in my room or anywhere else. I did see a couple of dogs in a 2nd floor room on the west (mountain view) side.

Service was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ended up staying an extra night because my son was sick, and they agreed to move us to a new room so he could rest undisturbed while the housekeeping staff was cleaning. That made things easier for us.

Location may be an issue for some people. It is right next to the Air Force Academy, so it’s perfect if that’s where you’re going. However, it is about 15 minutes away from the Garden of the Gods area, so be prepared for a little bit of a drive if that’s where you’re going. After seeing the chain hotel choices near Garden of the Gods, I would rather stay here.

Another note on location…there are plenty of places to eat within 2-3 miles of this hotel, but not really anything within walking distance. There seemed to be a lot of construction in the area, so I would expect there to be more options in the next few years.

Overall, I was very happy staying here and was glad I picked this place over a lot others in the city. I will definitely stay here again if I’m back in the area.

Room Tip: You can still see the mountains even without being on the "mountain view" side.