“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1307 Republic Drive, I-25 North @ interquest - Exit 153, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X Points & More!
Ranked #3 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
Kent, Washington
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and the service we received was outstanding. Nice, clean room and the staff were friendly and caring. Great breakfast every morning with snacks every evening. A great stay and we highly recommend Hampton Inn for your stay the next time you are in Colorado Springs!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Hotel was clean and quiet. Room was a good size. Enjoyed the breakfast which always included some sort of warm item (eggs, potatoes, sausage). Enjoyed the cookies in the lobby. It was nice to come back from hiking and have a cookie as we prepared to go out to dinner. We used the business center, but there was a problem with the printer switching between computers (which appears to occur frequently). I finally "borrowed" the computer by the other user to get my print out. Other than that issue, we had no problems.

The hotel is north of town, but it never took us long to get anywhere from the hotel, since it was so close to the freeway.

Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Well, I usually have nothing but nice things to say about a Hampton but for the first time, I do not. This hotel is a bit run down. We had suite and the carpeting was in dire need of replacement and the beds were not the Hampton quality I am used to. I had to switch to the other side of the bed in order to get a half way decent sleep. The ceiling had a huge repair which hopefully was new because they did not even try to paint over the ugly plaster repair.

On top of this, we were directly over the hot tub area where lots of kids congregated. What made it ten times worse was the door. You know kids. They come and go constantly and there was nothing holding the door from slamming repeatedly which sent, what felt like, sonic waves through our room. I did call and ask for another room but they were booked. The gentleman did say he would shut the hot tub area down but I did not feel like being the witch in the tower so I said no and left the room instead. They do not have a limit on the two public computers which some people hog.

The plus side is this. The bathroom is large and clean which after this trip I have come to appreciate in a hotel. The continental breakfast is free and of high quality. All staff was polite. The TV is huge in a suite and great to watch from a distance. The location is great for Air Force events but not much else because it is a slight ways out. Sometimes though, if you don’t want to fight city crowds then a hotel located like this one is a plus. I also did not consider that I would have to go through morning rush hour all the way to the southern end of Colorado Springs to get to my next destination. No, it was not horrendous but something to consider.

Another thing to consider in general is the enormous traffic that clogs up HWY 25 when the academy is having a football game. We hit the tail end of incoming traffic right before the game. Around 1:30 p.m., when the game had started, it was safe to go out again – even to the Air Force Chapel - which we did.

There is a road which parallels HWY 25 that runs behind the hotel. Voyager? It is a nice shortcut for most of HWY 25. It leads to several gas stations, businesses, restaurants and Wal-Mart.

Unless the Air Force academy is your destination, I would try another Hampton in the area.

Room Tip: stay in the front
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HamptonAFA, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Hello, this is Ed, general manager of the Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy. Thank you for staying with us and for your candid feedback both positive and negative as it helps us to become a better hotel. We always want to exceed your expectations, but in this case, we fell short. I'm very sorry about that. Our hotel is generally in excellent condition, however the room you stayed in was in the process of recent repair and we should not have hurried to put it back in inventory due to being sold out. Lesson learned. I hope you give us another try and I will personally insure we exceed your expectations next time.
Wimberley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very clean, nice area. Maybe a little too far north for some, but it's just off the interstate.
Comfortable room and bed, friendly, helpful staff.
A very good Hampton Inn.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this Hampton Inn. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly (even let me use their front desk computer to print my boarding pass when the printer in the business center wasn't working). Extremely clean and new looking, even duvets are laundered each time, which as a germ freak I normally remove from the bed immediately, but felt I could actually keep this one on. Little things like cookies at check in, an actual living plant in your room, and the desk facing the TV (this is such a pet peeve of mine, most hotel rooms have the desk next to the tv so you can't work and watch tv well at the same time). Small work out room, with a treadmill, elliptical, and bike, some weights, and a view of their indoor pool and jacuzzi. Breakfast is included and was a decent spread. Also a nice feature is their bagged breakfast, which you can grab as you're leaving, and includes an apple, water, cereal bar, etc. I will definitely stay here again when in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fruitland, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Hotel is clean. But service is worse. Frontdesk forgot wake-up call. Housekeeper forgot to clean room . It was worse stay ever

Indiana, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for six nights while attending a family wedding and visiting. The Hampton Inn was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly. The breakfast area was kept clean and the hot food buffet had was small but it was monitored so that nothing was empty. I would stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!