“Don't ever go!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Pub
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Don't ever go!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went just us no kids. So the hostess sits us by a huge family with 4 kids (naughty loud kids). But my husband didn't want to be rude and move ( I did). So we stayed. Waitress took our order 2 sodas and a water and an appetizer. 15 mins later (never seeing our waitress) out came our appetizer. I asked for my water and my husband's soda was empty I had to ask for more soda for my husband. So we get the drinks and wait and wait and wait. 45 mins later our waitress comes over with new sodas and says "I'll be right back with your check". I said " we never got our dinner" " I need to speak to your manager". So the waitress leaves and 10 mins passed so I ask another waitress to get her manager for me. Another 7 mins manager comes over and said there was a computer problem and the ticket wasn't put in. She comped the dinner but NEVER came back to check on us. We will NEVER go back!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Monument, Colorado
“Surprisingly good and reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Right after Thanksgiving we had a cold snap with temps in the minus teens for several straight days. We were going stir crazy so I suggested we go check out the new Bass Pro Shop in town that had been opened 2 full weeks. Of course we got there just at dinner time and the entire family announced they were hungry.

I didn't know what to expect, but we gave it a try. The Fishbowl Grill had really good American/Pub affair food. It was all very reasonably priced and delicious. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich that was fantastic. One kid had corn dogs, the other wanted Salmon, which was not on the kids menu. But hey, we asked and they made a kids portion of the salmon without gouging us. I had fish & chips (they promised the fish did NOT come from the aquarium in the store). All in all, it's hard to have an appetizer, GOOD food, drinks, plus dessert for the family and still leave with a $44 tab.

The reason for the 4 out of 5 was NOT due to the food btw. It was because our seat was really drafty (cold and drafty). Some of this may have been due to the outside temps that were well below zero that night, but it was chilly at our table. I'm thinking that it was just something they had to adjust once they were opened.

The other reason for the ding was the restrooms. In a new building, they should have put in touch free faucets and towel dispensers, but that was not the case. Big oversight on that one.

Would I go again....YEP! I'd probably get the pulled pork sandwich, take my own hand sanitizer, and pick a different table....but I'd definitely go back.

Oh...our server Nicole...Top notch!! Kept the drinks filled and the dirty plates disappeared quickly.

• Visited December 2013