“Forget the Neighborhood!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Atlanta
“Forget the Neighborhood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I grew up 6 blocks from this hotel and in coming back for my high school reunion I wanted to stay near the venues we would be meeting at. The price for the Stagecoach was beyond reasonable at $42/nt. The area, to me, wasn't any worse/different than when I was growing up there. Nevada Avenue in itself has always been the "bad" road because of the military influence. I never felt threatened then, nor did I now. Plenty of friends were concerned, but I wasn't. I stayed the first night by myself without any fear or activity even remotely threatening. Enough about the area - just please don't take others comments for not staying here. Yes, the hotel is very dated and minimal in amenities, but it is very clean and if you need something the management is more than helpful. This motel was built in 1949 and it's in pretty decent shape when you consider that. The few downsides were: no electrical outlets in bathroom except for above at the light (and only 2-prong), loud wall-mounted A/C, minimal electrical outlets with 3-prong plugs (however, manager gave me two adapters to alleviate inconvenience), basic TV and no guide as to what channels there are, minimal drawers for storage of clothing, and only a few hangers in the closet. Those were things I could deal with, as can most who travel to other areas of the world where all of that is a moot point anyway. Free Wi-Fi with password provided upon asking for. We walked to the nearby 7-Eleven every morning for coffee and fruit, and shopped for other items close by to go into the mini fridge. Even with all of the naysayers talking about how bad the area was for a lot of homeless and thugs, we didn't see this - and we were one building away from a liquor store. In fact, event though we stayed through the weekend, it was as if the sidewalks were rolled up after 9 p.m. It was deserted. As in anywhere you visit, just be aware and you will be fine. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cherryville, North Carolina, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Economical room with very friendly, helpful front desk lady. Definately no-frills, old school motel. Rooms are small. Each room is seperated by garage type parking area, which is a nice touch. Area is very sketchy, however, and we didn't really feel comfortable walking to the resturant or convenience store, but did it anyway and survived. The price was good and the accomandations were acceptable. OK for one night on a budget. No breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kanopolis, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room was small but we were able to get the room for $60 a night. When traveling with 6 people, thats a steal! We could all stay in one room. Our kids shared the little room and we were cozy. The room is very dated but VERY clean. The front desk lady was very helpful and nice to deal with. We will go back. Free wifi when you ask for the password. Close to all the landmarks we wanted to visit. We brought our own food (and kept in the mini fridge) and were able to microwave it in the room. Very handy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by a room that had almost an apartment feel. The second bed was in a small separate room. It was clean. Good TV. Good AC with a remote control. My mattress slept well too. Had a good refrigerator & microwave. (no coffeemaker). Cool 1960's bathroom. It was quiet (very important to me). One thing that really makes the place special is the garage for each vehicle beside your room. And the price was economical too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This place is a throwback to the 1950-60's motor lodging but it does offer covered parking next to your room. I travel with insulin so I appreciate the refrigerator and microwave in the room...comfortable room...small 1950-60 bathroom though. Located on a busy street so ask for a room.toward the back of the place.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The lady at the front desk very very rude. Told me the room was $65. When we got there she charged me $95 + tax. I told her I didnt want to stay there and I asked her to give me my credit card back. She told me she I will still jave to pay for the room. Will NEVER go back again.

• Stayed July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were on a road trip and stopped here just for one night. The owner is really nice and the room was very clean. We had a deluxe room with a queen bed and a double bed which was in a separate area. The double bed area was like a dungeon though and the bed was seriously uncomfortable. It's not what we needed after driving for 11 hours. I admit there is some nostalgia to this place but it is in need of some better maintenance. There are also no amenities to this place with the exception of a small fridge. No microwave, no coffee maker, etc. I imagine if there were only two people in a room you'd get by just fine but for a family of 4, it's just too cramped.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Stagecoach Motel? Share your experiences!