“Best Thai in Colorado Springs” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 1,178 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Thai
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Thai in Colorado Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have eaten at every Thai restaurant in Colorado Springs, in IMHO Thai Eats is the best. Everything is prepared from high-quality ingredients. No cans of prepared curry sauces. The menu is extensive, and you are very welcome to ask for off-menu items. I have found the preparations to be authentic and well-seasoned, though I do always have to add more heat to my order. The restaurant is very clean, and the owners could not be more friendly.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
“Overpriced and not great, but nice owners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and friend ate here tonight. The owner was very nice and helpful with suggestions on the menu. Wife's pad thai was fairly bland like it was made with chicken stock and not pad thai sauce. My Penang curry was gross, way too many onions, and a few pieces of dark meat chicken, and it doesn't even mention that it has onions on the menu. Each of our meals was $14, and an order of small egg rolls was $10. Prices here are way too much! I thought the owners were nice, but wanted to write a review because our food did not live up to the hype of the other reviews I have read about this place.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fabulous Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant boasts of authentic Thai food made with the best ingredients: every dish is made to order using homemade pastes and seasonings; the strength of the "hotness" is up to the diners as there is a container of ground chili at each table.
The atmosphere is creative and homey, spotless and modern. The owners are warm and friendly and sincere.
the tea is also very very good and there are many containers of loose teas to choose from.
We recommend this restaurant with enthusiasm.

• Visited March 2014
Meaw M, Owner at Thai Eats Restaurant, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Velotta -
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your dining experience at Thai Eats. We so greatly appreciate the feedback. Our goal is to serve the freshest and most authentic Northern Thai dishes that we can, in an atmosphere that feels more like you are having lunch/dinner with a friend rather than a restaurant. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon. -Meaw.
Watertown, New York
“Delicious Food, Great Owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had to check out the #7 restaurant in The Springs and we were not disappointed. While we ordered take out, we ordered it once we got to the restaurant so we waited there while the food was prepared. The owners were both friendly and personal and spent a lot of time answering our questions about the food, the cooking classes, and their background. The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous. Be prepared if you order it spicy, she knows what she's doing! The dining room was small but lovely and very comfortable and we will plan to eat there in the future.

I loved all the pictures of the dishes they had rotating across two TV screens. Not a single stock photo in sight, just a reminder that it's sometimes too difficult to have to choose one or two items off the menu!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meaw M, Owner at Thai Eats Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you, Allie for taking the time to comment on your experience at Thai Eats. We sincerely appreciate your support, and look forward to the next time you choose us for lunch or dinner. It was our pleasure to serve you. See you again soon! –Meaw.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Authentic Thai food lures you in, the atmosphere keeps you coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The first time I visited Thai eats it was a Solo trip just to "check it out" since it's so close to my work. The very next day I saddled up all my co-workers to come see the gem I had found, within the week my wife and I were enjoying Meaw's delicious cooking and friendly conversation. The restaurant is extremely clean and well organized, and all of the food is prepared fresh when ordered. I haven't had a chance yet but Thai eats even offers classes to teach you how to make Thai food, me and my wife are looking forward to attending a class soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you, Justin, for taking the time to comment on your experience at Thai Eats. We sincerely appreciate your support, and kind words of praise. We look forward to the next time you choose us for lunch or dinner, or even a cooking class. It was our pleasure to serve you. See you again soon!