“Wholesome Goodness” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Simi Valley, California
“Wholesome Goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Thai-Eats is a gem. Friendly and very cordial chef/owner of this small unusually good "mom and pop" restaurant. Food made from all fresh ingredients with a strong sense of pride in showcasing traditional Thai cuisine. No concocted cross-Asian or localized fusion nor watered-down version of this marvelous culinary art. One taste of the curry, and the thought "gourmet" comes to mind; a complimentary dessert, an example of culinary artistry--a flavorful and well balanced original from scratch. A tad bit more in cost than your ordinary strip-mall restaurant in the area, but very much worth the food quality, the taste, and experience. "Meaw," the owner/chef, notes all is cooked fresh and from scratch--no frozen ingredients, no canned goods. She teaches cooking classes on the premises and as a matter of professional and ethnic, if not family honor --she says her mother has a two-story restaurant in Thailand, and a sister has an eatery as well--she says each dish is prepared for "perfection." Puts many a run-of-the-mill Thai eatery to shame. This is good wholesome quality Thai food. A rare find.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meaw M, Owner at Thai Eats Restaurant, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I also have eaten in many Thai restaurants, and felt that many were missing the authenticity that I grew up with. I strive to bring what I learned from my Mother to the dishes I prepare for you, and make them as fresh and close to what you would expect if you were in Thailand as I can. Thank you again. We look forward to serving you another authentic Thai dish soon.

Denver, Colorado
“Thank You for Today”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I received a “word of mouth” recommendation for the Thai Eats restaurant. If anything, its praises were not sung loud enough. My experience was one of sheer pleasure. The restaurant is immaculate; the owner/chef is a wonderfully warm and mild-mannered woman, whose husband is just as gracious. As owners, their care and love are expressed in the ambience of the service and surroundings. The food is incredibly delicious, full of natural flavor, not masked by over cooking or over dressing. The fresh cooked vegetables are a dream come true for vegetarians like myself, as well as for meat-lovers. There truly is something for every appetite, including gluten-free adaptations. I have never had the sincere respect for my dietary palate in any other restaurant … ever. Do not miss the wonderful fried bananas, or the seasonal ice cream, if you have a notion, because these are wonderful desserts that are designed in the restaurant by this amazing cook, including her own truffle confection. I went 60 miles to enjoy this food and I hope to make it a commonplace visit to an amazingly uncommon eatery. I learned by the plaque on the wall that Thai Eats restaurant was awarded the “Best of Colorado in 2013!” Here is a personal message for the proprietors that I just learned: ขอบคุณ สำหรับ วันนี้ ครับ/ค่ะ which means “Thank you for today.”

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so very much for your kind words, and the generous review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that we were able to prepare food that met your culinary palate. Our goal is to try to meet the dietary needs and tastes of each of our customers. This is why each dish is individually prepared to order, so we can vary the spice levels and/or ingredients to each taste. We look forward to the next time you visit.
Olympia, Washington
“Delicious and fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food here is very fresh and flavorful and they offer many menu options for vegans and vegetarians. I had stir fry and loved how the vegetables were cooked (crisp and delicious). The atmosphere was relaxing and the service was great. I would definitely come back here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to make sure that our dishes are adaptable to meet all tastes and diet needs. We are pleased we were able to meet yours, and look forward to the next time you visit.
“Awesome Thai Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This was a great find in Colorado Springs. All the ingredients are fresh and the service is outstanding. If you like Thai food you need to visit this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing Thai Eats. We are so glad that you enjoyed the fresh ingredients and freshly prepared meal. Fresh is one of our basic tenants. We look forward to seeing you again.
“Great Thai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Authentic home made Thai food with all fresh ingredients and fresh vegetables. The chef was our waiter and delightful.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so happy you enjoyed your visit with us and the freshly prepared meal. Thank you for taking the time to comment here. We would be pleased to serve you again soon.