“Good food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jose Muldoon's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cross street: Platte Avenue
colorado springs
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I would say this is more New Mexican style food than Mexican. It is well prepared and the service was quick and thorough. Go during the 4-7 Happy hour for $3 priced margaritas!

Visited September 2012

Schodack, NY
“Ok for tex mex”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were passing through Colorado Springs on an Elk Hunting trip - Hotel clerk recommended Jose Muldoon's and said it was the best Mexican Restaurant in town. With high hopes we headed out after a long flight in hopes of a fantastic meal.

Atmosphere is great - nice decor - Waiter recommended one of their speciality margaritas! Sounds good to us! Upon arrival, the drinks were okay - a little sweet for my liking - but ok none the less.

We ordered up our meals - I ordered the three taco plate and my BF ordered what the waiter said was a lot of food. Tacos were good, not authentic my any stretch of the imagination. My BF ate everything on his plate (so much for a ton of food!). It was okay - nothing to write home about.

Food is good, cocktails are good - wasnt crowded at 10pm on a Wedensday night. I would not return. I'm sure there are better mexican places to eat.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
co springs, co
“Fajitas great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

fajitas great but everything else if standard, a normal young crowd,
back patio is quiet, when downtown convenient, prices ok.
use to have Karaoke , perhaps still do. sunday brunch in nice weather on sidewalk is nice.

Visited July 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Overrated; food is not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Although it has a great downtown location and has been a local fixture for as long as I can remember, the food is just not good. I keep trying to like it and I keep getting disappointed. The margaritas are good, the ambience is fun, and the backyard patio is awesome, but the food is poor and it is a restaurant, afterall, so that is just unforgivable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Victorville, California
“NEED MAGNIFYING GLASSES”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Before you head to this place be sure to bring a magnifying glass. You will need it to look for the food on the plate.

I stopped in at the downtown Jose Muldoons on a Friday night. About ten years have gone by from my last visit here, so I not that something would change. The place looks more up to date and the place seems to be a good spot for locals for a beer. I remember that the had a beer battered chile relleno served with rice and beans, I have wait a very long time to have another one. So, I placed the order, it was there in front of me in record time. Two small chile relleno, ok it's the flavoring that counts, and it was just ok. Nothing great was before, but time has passed. Well next I looked for the rice and beans and there it was a very small amount on the plate. So small that I know that in less than two bites it would all be gone. So small that I wished that I had a magnifying glass to see it.

And I made the drive from California, WOW!
This was to be my last visit at Jose Muldoon's.

• Visited August 2012