“Convenient and Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main

You added Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3431 Cinema Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80922   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Chandler, Arizona
“Convenient and Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I used to live in the neighborhood and this hotel was build in the main shopping area on the east side of Colorado Springs. It is a good hotel and I was able go to my usual places that I used to frequent in the center. It has great access to the airport and not bad access to downtown. It was clean and I liked all the amenities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Welcome back to your old neighborhood in Colorado Springs. I hope you approve of all the changes in the area. We really appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your visit. I will definitely share your kind words with all of our staff, I know they will be pleased that you felt at home in our hotel.
We look forward to you visiting us again on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed in a Vancouver Wa HIE a week before this stay and they were a bit better. Since I am a IHG member Vancouver had a package waiting for me with a water and chips and upgraded my room. While a water and chips aren't that big of a deal it was nice to get that extra treatment. And who doesn't love a room upgrade? Nice location, new hotel but customer service could be a little better in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Needless to say, I am sorry to hear that we did not recognize you as a loyal member of our Priority Club with IHG Hotels. Our Front Desk staff, should have offered you either the "Welcome Amenity" of a complimentary bottle of water and IHG signature Trail Mix or the option to add loyalty points to your account. I sincerely apologize that we failed extend the welcome you not only expected but deserved. Please contact the hotel and I will ensure that your loyalty points are credited to your account.
We are very proud of our hotel and greatly appreciate the opportunity to host our loyalty members when they visit Colorado Springs, Colorado. My staff and I hope that you will come back and visit us again, so we may welcome you properly.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here several times last year. We were some of the first guests to stay at this new location. This was by mistake. We can get a room anywhere in Colorado springs. We came here because we felt special here! This is no longer the case. I am not sure if the hotel was sold to some big corporation but it sure feels like it. When I asked what happened the front desk employee gave us a look and said ( we have make some changes). The rooms are still clean. The area is okay. but, we can get that anywhere. We really felt like family here. Now no one even remember us. This is a sad case of great gone wrong.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Well, needless to say, we are totally devastated to hear your comments about your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites First and Main. My staff and I are not only embarrassed, but deeply concerned that you are so disappointed with us. We are very proud of our hotel and truly enjoy having our guests feel at home when they are away from theirs.
To address your concerns, we have not been sold nor knowingly made any changes that would alter how we want our guests to enjoy their time with us.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you would be willing to share with me on how we can do a better job for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property in mid-March. This was our first time at this location. This will be a brief review: this is an awesome property! From the staff to the amenities in our room, it exceeded all of our expectations. Don't look any further...make your reservation now...and have a great stay! PS...wait until you experience the modern and chic bathroom!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
All of us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites First and Main really appreciate your comments about your recent stay with us in Colorado Springs. We truly enjoy hearing from our guests and about their time at our hotel. We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us again.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Right off the bat, when calling to confirm reservation, the staff went above and beyond and really helped us out. When we arrived, the front desk clerk, Connie, was very pleasant and professional. Our room was very clean and had all the proper amenities, and then some! The variety of pillows and lights was a nice touch as well. Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning the room when we asked, and stayed away when the DnD sign was on the door. We took advantage of the great pool and cool little business center. The only downfall was the breakfast. Not the food itself, but the service associated with this. I should note, the breakfast is served at an actual restaurant connected to the hotel. The servers were often slow and hard to get a hold of. The breakfast system is set up using coupons worth a $10 value a person, which often times wasn't enough to cover a meal with beverage.

Overall, we were so thrilled and satisfied to be staying at this hotel! And we will be returning!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Aaron,
We would love to take the credit for all the great things you said about your recent stay, but it unfortunately is not the Holiday Inn Express & Suites First and Main. Connie sounds like a great employee at the Front Desk. One I would certainly like to have on our staff, but alas, she does not work for us. Also, we do not have a restaurant attached to our hotel. We do, however, serve our Fresh Start breakfast in the Great Room directly off of our lobby, which is complimentary to all of our guests.
We would be delighted to have you stay with us on your next visit to Colorado Springs and make your next stay even better.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a new hotel conveniently located within walking distance of a movie theater, restaurants and shopping in an area of town that is not usually friendly for anyone walking.

Staff were friendly, rooms were new with comfortable beds.

A few drawbacks:

I asked the front desk what the approximate cost for a taxi to the airport would be and they didn't know (it's about $28).

I also asked them to call a taxi for me for an early morning flight the night before and they could not confirm that a taxi had been called when I was waiting for the taxi in the morning and had to call again. The taxi came on time for me to make my flight, so it ended up okay, but it's not something you want to take a chance on.

They do not supply hand lotion - something that would be good considering how dry it is in Colorado.

The biggest drawback on my last night there was when there were winds and I heard a dreadful moaning sound off and on all night - sounded like a human even though I know it was the wind. That really kept me from having a good night's sleep. Overall, you can hear the other guests so the soundproofing isn't great.

But I like Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is a good one in a good location for Colorado Springs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Not just an ordinary, run of the mill Holiday Inn. I have never been in any hotel/motel where I was treated so well. The staff was exceptionally friendly, well mannered, and super polite.
It was ultra clean, extremely well stocked, nicely decorated and furnished.
Their complimentary breakfast bar puts others to shame, very plentiful, amazing selections, and clean. Situated in a large shopping plaza, one would think it would be very noisy, not so, and everything at your beck and call, restaurants, cinema, goods and services of all kinds. A great place to stay while in Colorado Springs

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main

Address: 3431 Cinema Point, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
Location: United States > Colorado > El Paso County > Colorado Springs
Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main 2.5*
Brand new in 2013, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites at First and Main features the newest in modern design and contemporary styling. Our beautiful Colorado Springs hotel is conveniently located minutes away from Fort Carson, Air Force Academy, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, The Broadmoor, Manitou Springs, Cripple Creek and Old Colorado City.Nestled in the shadows of the majestic Rocky Mountains and located in the First and Main entertainment district, featuring a huge variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Guest will love being our close proximity to Powers Boulevard, Ft. Carson Homecomings, USAFA Falcons Football, USOC, and only minutes from the Colorado Springs Airport, Peterson Air Force Base and Schriever AFB.Experience the newest hotel in Colorado Springs and a host of amenities, such as a complimentary hot breakfast featuring a variety of morning favorites, indoor pool, invigorating bath experience, business center, fitness area, wired and wireless high speed Internet access that won’t slow you down.We’re confident that your stay in Colorado Springs will be mountains of fun, so Stay Smart!® ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.