“My new favorite place!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: German
Description: For over 40 years this family-owned German Restaurant on the south side of Colorado Springs has served over a million happy customers. The restaurant invites guests to dine in one of its several rooms decorated with artifacts from Europe. With strolling musicians on Friday and Saturday nights, three blazing fireplaces in winter, and an authentic "Biergarten" in summer, you are sure to enter into another world as a guest at Edelweiss.The authentic menu with a variety of Old World German dishes includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, and Sauerbraten, with newer-age items such as Flammekuchen and Maultaschen. For those not so adventurous palates Edelweiss offers other Continental fare such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Tournedos, or Fresh Salmon Filet. Imported German Beers and Wines can be ordered to compliment any of the flavorful dishes. The European-trained Swiss Pastry Chef bakes all of the desserts from scratch, so save room for one of the rich Tortes or pastries, or take some to go.
Longview, Texas
“My new favorite place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We spent three days in Colorado Springs in July as had the good fortune of eating here at lunch the first day. We ate in the outside beirgarten and had a wonderful meal of Ruben for me and a delicious baked, pastry wrapped Brie and ham with a fresh berry and fruit salad for my wife. It was so good we went back our last evening in town. We sat in the rathskeller and enjoyed a traditional snitzel dinner. The atmosphere, the German waitstaff, and the food...Willkommen sum Edelweiss, Prosit!

Centennial,Colorado
“Lacks consistency”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The best thing about this restaurant is the atmosphere--and the beer. Very much like being in a real German restaurant. We've eaten there about half a dozen times over the last few years. A few times the food has been very good; other times it hasn't been worth the money. The last time we ate there (for lunch), my brother and I both had the porkchop special. Sounded good but wasn't. My porkchop and gravy were so oversalted that I sent the meal back to the kitchen. My brother was going to soldier through, but his wasn't any better so he sent his back too. We then ordered schnitzel with the Edelweiss house salad, which was a huge improvement. Still, things like this shouldn't happen if a restaurant wants to earn a top rating.

Visited May 2011
Junction City, Kansas
“Fantastic German Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We travel out to Colorado springs about once a month and it is mostly for the German food and the service that we received the first time some years ago at the Edelweiss Restaurant. The service we received was very good and the food was excellent. I would reccomend this restaurant to everyone. Thanks and we will be there next week again.

• Visited April 2011
Los Angeles, California
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I hadn't been to a good German restaurant in years and was really looking forward to visiting Edelweiss, based on reviewers' comments. I was extremely disappointed with my entree. The pork was mediocre, the spaetzle virtually tasteless and the red cabbage truly awful. I lived in Germany for awhile and never tasted red cabbage like this, full of sugar and cloves. Hideous. Sadly, the side salad was the highlight of the meal, with some nice potatoes and vinegary cucumber and slaw. However, the green beans weren't fresh. Even the beer flight contained some nasty-tasting beers. On the way in, we looked at the dessert case, and the Linzer Torte was clearly stale. Overall, a poor dining experience.

Visited May 2011
NH, USA
“Excellent German food and service - live music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

We decided to try this restaurant while visiting Colorado Springs. The food was great and authentic. Outside of Germany this was the best German food. My wife is German and we just visited relatives in Bavaria 2 years ago. The service was also excellent. The wait staff spoke German and explained the menu and how the dishes are prepared. They were very helpful and made the dining experience pleasurable. Also, there were 2 musicians going between the tables playing music and taking requests. The music was great. We even had dessert which was wonderful! We went back the next day for drinks - happy hour between 4:30-6:30pm every evening.

The atmosphere was great. There was a fire going in the fireplace. Excellent GERMAN food. Would highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2011