“Best traditional Mexican in town.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best traditional Mexican in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Finally, a great Mexican restaurant in Colorado Springs worth your patronage. If you want a quality and flavorful meal, from local owners, this is the place for you. So much better than the chain restaurants.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Catonsville
“Great atmosphere,friendly service,excellent food & tres leches cake.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had to sit at the bar. I had no reservation. Just arrived from Maryland and dropped in on a whim. Although small the atmosphere was very appealing. Everything was very organized.....I could see the kitchen from where I sat and the even the spices were very noticeably organized in their place. I had a lite dinner that included the UNO Burrito, very lite and not overly spiced, a very smooth margarita, coffee and the Tres Leches cake that was one of the best I've had in a long time. Since I will be in Colorado Springs for several weeks I plan to eat there a few more times. Oh and it is reasonably priced compared to where I live in Maryland.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Great food, cold beer, and nice owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Ramon Q's several times since they opened. I am always full of good food and in good spirits when I leave. I plan to go there often to enjoy the food and the beverages.

The food is described as "Mexican with a twist." I don't care what you call it - it's delicious. I love the stacked enchilada with a fried egg on top. And the carne asada street tacos are a great combination of flavors.

The owners/operators are doing a great job with the food and have put a lot of effort into their whole operation. The layout of the restaurant interior (the former Terrazza Grill) is not ideal for service, but they do OK. The real test for Ramon Q's service will be on the patio this summer - it's an excellent outdoor area for drinking and eating that requires a professional server with a good memory and multi-tasking skills.

My recommendation is to skip the chain restaurants and enjoy some real food at Ramon Q's. Leave the kids at home or take them to Taco Bell. :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere