“Flavorful and Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
USA
“Flavorful and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Both Amanda's Fonda locations are great for Mexican flavor. I do like the new location, it's very modern and nicely decorated. However, the older location in Manitou Springs is my favorite simply because of the atmosphere and authentic feel.

The burritos are large, so come with an appetite. The service was fast and friendly. Start grinding on your salsa and chips quick, your order will be out in a few minutes. I will definitely go back again, I've grown kinda 'fonda' this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate their while staying nearby for a family reunion. Many of us had a meal there and all were very pleased with the food. They serve excellent mexican food and super margarita. The patio dining along the creek is the palce to be during warm evenings. Well worth the trip.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really wanted to love this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had heard excellent reviews of this restaurant. When a second one opened down the street from us we were very excited to go. I was not impressed with the menu because it tasted bland. I thought it may have just been what I ordered, but my wife's platter was the same and a friend had a similar experience. I will give it a second chance in a few months.

Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not very good, food ok, everything else lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here because we had a gift certificate and we had an oqk experience at the sister resturaunt in old colorado city. thank goodness we had a gift certificate, because it would have been a waste of money otherwise. Lets start with the initial entrance. they were unorganized and the server and hostest were arguing right in front of customers waiting to be seated over who was responsible for certain tables.....not a good impression. unfortunately things didnt get better from there. our waitress was nice enough, but she managed to mess up both our entrees (requested no sour cream and surprise they both had it). The two kids meal were fine. I ordered the mojito which was the special for that evening, not a good choice, tasted more like medicine than a good drink. Our entrees were good-burrito and chimichanga. The salsa was fine, chips to flimsy so it was hard to use them for dipping without them breaking. Couple of things just topped everything off, the free wifi wasn't working, there was a fly buzzing around and they incorrectly charged one of our items (which they did correct). Needless to say, we won't be going back anytime soon.

Salida, Colorado
“Favorite Mexican restaurant in Springs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I recently was able to try this restaurant after hearing so many great things about it. The atmosphere on the patio next to the creek among the giant trees was picturesque and peaceful. The food came very quickly and was delicious! Their unique homemade coleslaw that came with my meal was an unexpected but delightful twist! Highly recommend this location of Mexican flair for lunch or dinner.