“Best Service I've Ever Had In My Life/ Food Was Ah-Maz-Ing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
2501 W Colorado Ave, Ste 108 and 105, To better serve the increase in the number of our customers, we have expanded by adding suite 105., Colorado Springs, CO 80904
719-634-5070
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Ethiopian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 3:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 09:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 3:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 09:00pmHonoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best Service I've Ever Had In My Life/ Food Was Ah-Maz-Ing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you find yourself looking for food in Old Colorado City, you MUST stop by Uchenna!!! Just this afternoon, my husband and I wandered into this quaint little restaurant because we didn't want to settle for the "same old, same old." Unfortunately, the restaurant was closing when we walked in. (They close for a couple of hours between lunch and dinner so they can clean up, cook more food, etc.) However, the INCREDIBLY sweet lady (I sure wish I caught her name) allowed us to make ourselves at home and order whatever we wanted off the menu - "before she changed her mind," she said jokingly. WOW..... We were treated with such warmth and hospitality by this wonderful woman.... I just don't think I'll ever look at any restaurant dining experience the same way again. This sweet woman (I wish I knew her name) was so hospitable, I could have sworn we were visiting her home. What a blessing it was to find this incredible little gem in Old Colorado City.

Orlando, Florida
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our Taxi Driver AJ...never having Ethiopian Cuisine, we weren't sure what to expect. We were greeted by a beautiful person when we walked in, she is the owner & cook! The experience was fabulous! She served us Lavender Tea & Rose Lemonade to start,,,we asked for her suggestions on dishes, so we had Doro Wat & Gomen Besaega, absolutely DELICIOUS! Her story is in the menu & is heart warming, we learned much about the Ethiopian culture....I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant for a memorable dining experience!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Oh my! Ethiopian food at its best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

It's been 10 long years since I had a good Ethiopian meal, and Uchenna fulfilled my every fantasy - food wise. My dear friend and I went down for lunch today and enjoyed ourselves immensely.

We started with the recommended Timatim Fitfit. Delicious! A wonderful combination of injera, tomatoes and green pepper. Savory yet refreshing; the perfect flavor to whet our appetites.

For our entrees we shared two dishes, Yebeg Alecha - a wonderfully flavorful lamb dish, replete with African spices, and Chicken Tibs - redolent with ginger, onions and tomatoes. Each plate was served in a colorful basket along with injera for scooping up and relishing, and a serving of lentils. We barely finished it all, but were willing to make the sacrifice to clean our plates.

We are already looking forward to next time. That Kitfo looks like it will be worth the wait!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Ethiopian - Smiling Joyful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Maya, the owner always greets with a smile or a smile and a hug. The food is fresh, organic meats, vegetarian and vegan options -- all absolutely delicious every time! And we've been coming here for over a year!

Come check it out at least once!

Pueblo, Colorado
“Uchenna~where food and love are equally abundant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We love eating at Uchenna. They use organic meats and also have an extensive vegetarian menu. I have a food allergy which they accommodate every time. To drink there is rose-water lemonade and orange-water iced tea, both delicious yet the lemonade is my favorite. They also have a french trained baker so their desserts are absolutely decadent! I love the flourless dark chocolate cake and my man says the carrot cake is the best he's ever eaten. Always with a kind word when we enter, Chef Maya makes sure every part of our experience is filled with love. Every meal here has been gracefully delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere