“Great introduction to Ethiopian food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
2501 W Colorado Ave, Ste 108 and 105, To better serve the increase in the number of our customers, we have expanded by adding suite 105., Colorado Springs, CO 80904
719-634-5070
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Ethiopian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 3:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 09:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 3:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 09:00pmHonoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Rock Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Great introduction to Ethiopian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The restaurant owner Maya did a fantastic job of introducing our family to Ethiopian food. Our family of four ordered a platter with beef, chicken, lamb, and side dishes. We enjoyed eating with our hands and sharing a meal together. Make sure to try the rose water lemonade or the orange tea. Both were very unique and tasty. Thanks, Maya for a great experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oak Park, California
“Astoundingly Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is an eclectic resturant that serves genuine home cooked cuisine. It was the best lunch that my wife and I had. its a small place but, Maya, the owner is sweet and does all the work. I just can't say enough about this place. IF you like it spicy, it delivers!, you want Vegetarian and Vegan? this place serves it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Colorado City, Texas
“Authentic and wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I regularly keep my eye out for Ethiopian restaurants and have not actually visited one in many years. Located in Old Colorado City, we attempted to dine here on Monday and found it closed, as are many restaurants on Mondays in this locale. I am SO GLAD we went back Tuesday. Maya, the owner, server, chef, and probably all else at Uchenna, is authentic in her service, smile, and amazing, authentic Ethiopian and Mediterranean foods. Taught by her Grandmother to cook as though she is making love, Maya creates a sensual, mouth-watering meal and presents a loving, caring environment. My husband had never eaten Ethiopian food, and he LOVED it. Maya probably ruined us for other Ethiopian restaurants in the future. She and her food are just that good. She even hugged and kissed me when I left. A treasure of a find.....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado, United States
“So Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience eating in Maya's restaurant this weekend. My son is gluten free and we didn't need to worry about a single thing he ate! My husband hasn't had ethiopian food and loved every bite. Maya made the experience even more special. We will return everytime we're in the Springs:)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shalimar, Florida
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food was wonderful and the service provided by the owner, Maya, was very prompt, polite and personalized. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the explanations of Ethiopia and Ethiopian cuisine provided by Maya. We will definitely return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere