“Dry, small portions” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #138 of 1,194 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
“Dry, small portions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Drove 1400 miles to visit my family and have Cracker Barrel. Thankfully, our visit went better than dinner did. I ordered a hamburger steak, hash brown casserole, and broccoli. There's nothing steak-like about the hamburger steak, it's just an over cooked unseasoned hamburger patty. Our hash brown casserole had been sitting under a warming lamp so long that it was dry and hard. I took one bite, and waited for my waitress who made sure she ignored me the entire rest of the meal even though I was obviously not eating my entree. Worst Cracker Barrel ever. Management should be ashamed. Ruined a perfectly good evening by having to decide whether or not to choke down the hockey puck, or raise a stink in front of my family.

Visited January 2014

Port Hueneme, California, United States
“Split decision”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were seated in about 15 minutes which gave me time to check out the attached gift shop. (Wide variety of things to choose from and fair prices). I had a salad and a chicken dish. Basically tasteless and dry. My husband had an entree with a side of greens...he thought his meals was great. He still talks about the greens! I would not choose to eat there again if there was alternatives available. If in a position that we were in ( the closest to the hotel) , the food filled my belly...better than going hungry!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A Busy day I guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I took 3 USAFA Cadets to brunch on Saturday morning, we had a 15minute wait, not to bad, they have a little shop out front to waste time. I ordered my breakfast item but wasn't told it wasn't available until they were bringing out the orders for the guys. I selected something else, but it took awhile to be cooked and delivered. It's never any fun having everyone waiting for you to finish eating. I've had better experiences in the past.

Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very Nice Place for a Good Meal......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have to admit that I am a bit biased about Cracker Barrel Restaurants....I really enjoy the food, and the service is always top notch. this location is no exception......a really good place to eat!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Not exactly southern food . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Disclosure: my grandmother grew up in the South, and she knew how to make Southern food, including chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, fried okra . . . the whole deal, so my expectations are pretty high. Also, I've had the opportunity to eat at Cracker Barrel restaurants in the South, which are very good. The problem is that the chefs in the South generally know how to cook Southern food, so they don't necessarily cook from a chart on the wall. Saying that, this Cracker Barrel's food is okay, but nothing like you would get in the South. It just doesn't taste the same or nearly as good. But my kids like the store and we buy Christmas gifts for family and friends at Cracker Barrel every year.

• Visited July 2013