“Price Fixed Meals - 3 course or 5 course” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Margarita At Pine Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,195 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodmen
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Price Fixed Meals - 3 course or 5 course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This restaurant is conveniently located behind the Embassy Suites. For two: 3 course meal with 2 drinks will run about $120 (this includes a 20% tip) varied menu. All was very good, excellent service. I understand in the summer they have outdoor seating with live music and movies! Some of the food is a little out there for me….frogs legs, goat.

• Visited May 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I Have Never Given a Restaurant a 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

From the start, this restaurant was impressive. They took our coats and hats at the door, then we were seated in a nice secluded nook. The waiter explained the menu - there's a different menu written, depending on what's fresh and in season. The waiter explained that the restaurant is eco-friendly. We made our choices and after that it was a continuous joy. The food was superb! The waiter was patient and informative. This is the best place in Colorado Springs for a romantic special occasion

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Crab Fest Weekend~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

As soon as I saw the menu for Crab Fest, I knew I had to come to the Margarita! I love crab just about as much as I love the Margarita at Pine Creek! My husband agreed to come, even though he's not a big seafood fan. As luck would have it, there were two different menu options for the evening! Crab Fest 4 course meal, as well as an additional 3 or 5 course menu. I decided on the Cornmeal crusted Crab Cakes, made with avocado verde, chipotle aioli & lime crema. Wow, these were melt-in-your mouth, fluffy but crispy & creamy at the same time. Loved the light texture of this wonderfully delicious appetizer. Yum! He decided on the Vietnamese Bhan Mi Wontons, with sriracha aioli dipping sauce. His take: a nice blend of tender, earthy, crunchy & flavorful. Next, I chose the Crab Cioppino, Rouille & toast, a soup instead of the usual salad. This was a tomato based soup, rich yet light with a mixture of crab, veggies, fennel, bay leaves & paprika. Definitely interesting and different from my norm. He decided on the Soup de Jour, which I also tasted & actually liked better than mine. It was creamy, peppery & hearty, with a hint of potatoes, mushrooms, carrots & celery. This wonderful soup was served with the most amazing fresh mini loaf of homemade bread; crusty on the outside & full of hot, fluffy goodness on the inside~toped off with a pat of whipped butter~pure heaven. With the warm, flavorful soup, fresh bread & a glass of wine, we were almost ready to just call it a night! Almost, but not quite. Here's where I veered a bit off course, on the next menu selection. Beforehand, I had already decided on the steamed King crab legs, but feeling a bit more adventurous I decided to try something new. That something was called "Angry Crab" and sounded divine. The name itself intrigued me as well as the flavors of spinach, basil, roasted peppers. The crab was served already sliced open, ready to eat, on a bed of soft polenta w/ lemon aioli. Of course, I had never eaten crab any other way than with lemon & melted butter, so this was sure to be an adventure I was definitely looking forward to. He chose the grilled Manhattan Steak, served with mashed potatoes, sauce bordelaise, shallot mushroom saute & gremolata butter. The steak was grilled to perfection with the perfect blend of flavors to accompany it. My first thought when I tasted the Angry Crab was, Brilliant. I could taste the flavor of fresh garlic as well as grilled zucchini & maybe even a hint of a creole. It was very flavorful but also a bit overpowering. On second thought, I wondered if maybe I should've just stayed with the simple flavor of crab, light & fresh and not overwhelmed by any additional flavors. A bit disappointed, we both moved on to dessert, even though we had not saved room. Just a taste...His was Espresso Panna Cotta (panna cotta an old favorite of ours), served with candied citrus, white chocolate cream & biscotti. He loved it but chose to eat this dessert sans the candied citrus. Creamy, smooth with a hint of espresso (not too strong), this was perfect served with a warm cup of coffee. I chose the French Silk Pie served with creme & raspberries. This was sweet, silky, light but very rich at the same time. I don't remember seeing any raspberries on it, though I had been looking forward to that sweet addition. It was too rich to finish but we enjoyed several yummy bites to finish off our evening meal. Leaving the Margarita, we reminisced of all the wonderful dishes we've tried over the years, thanks to our favorite chef Eric, whose expertise in the kitchen leaves no stone unturned. I wondered aloud if maybe I had been a bit too adventurous in my dinner choices and should have instead stayed with the tried & true, Steamed King Crab legs. Funny thing though, the next day I took my Angry Crab leftovers for lunch, and to my surprise I really loved this unexpected, flavorful combination the second day! My co-workers kept asking me what I was eating (a bit jealously, I might add), and for the life of me, I couldn't remember anything more than it was Angry Crab. They were intrigued and asked where I had found such a thing. No one had ever heard of it. The Margarita at Pine Creek, I told them...a definite Must, for gourmet dining. As messy as it was to eat without silverware, which I had forgotten, and with a few spills on my new dress, my co-worker asked me the final question.
"So was it worth it?" she asked, eyeing me a bit jealously. "Definitely," I replied! "So worth it!"

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Missouri
“Fun Funky Lunch for Road Weary Travellors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My son and I were making a long long trip to Portland from Louisiana and were on day 2. We were to arrive in CO Springs during the lunch hour and as usual looked up good restaurants on Trip Advisor. Great decor and very friendly service. Our lunches were fresh and tasty, the bread was great and we ate every bite. My son has a gluten issue and was gladly offered gluten free options.

• Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Quirky/quaint atmosphere with great cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was surprised by the exterior of the Margarita. It looks a bit like a dive when driving up. That said, the food is very good though not quite excellent. Between us we ordered a margarita, sangria, and a ginger martini. Honestly, I've had better. The Sangria was quite dry and the vodka in the martini tasted like a less expensive brand. I also got a lemon vinaigrette salad, which was a bit lacking and a vegetable bisque which was superb. I ordered the lobster agnolotti and finished with the bread pudding. The agnolotti was disappointing as the pasta was very dense and perhaps oversalted. I did however try my friend's pork loin and wished I had ordered that instead. The bread pudding was amazing and had a salted caramel sauce with banana liquor. The food was tasty and I'd definitely try Margarita again. It was, however, expensive. In all honesty, I've had better cuisine in the Springs, and am guessing I ordered the wrong entree.

• Visited March 2014