“Always first rate” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Margarita At Pine Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,062 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodmen
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Always first rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We've been going to the Margarita at Pine Creek for many years. The food and service are always great. The personal attention you get from the owner, Patti Davidson, is always welcoming. It's a unique and special place to go on the north side of Colorado Springs.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, CO
“A reliable favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We've been here a few times, but not recently, so we decided it was time for a return visit. The other times we went here, we were impressed by an inventive but accessible menu, and we were not disappointed this time. We decided on the three course menu, a wise choice, since we were full at the end. We each had a very pleasant salad, with a smoked buttermilk dressing - not sure what that is, but it was very tasty. For entree, my wife had red snapper - she pronounced it excellent. I had a pork tenderloin dish, which was excellent - not dry like pork can be, but wonderfully tasty and nicely presented. We had a glass of wine with each course, each well selected to complement the course. The dessert was pleasant, nothing to write home about, but very good. The service was very attentive, but not intrusive. All in all, a very pleasant dinner for a good price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“A somewhat disappointing visit.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I have had dinner and lunch several times over the past 10-15 years at this restaurant, and have always had a good experience. Our recent visit for a Valentine’s Day dinner, however, was somewhat disappointing. Based on past visits, we were fully aware that this restaurant has a limited and changing menu, but they have usually had enough options to please most tastes. On previous visits, there was always a choice of a three course or five-six course dinner. We always opt for the 3-course, as we’re light eaters. However, on our last visit the only thing offered was the five-course dinner, with two entre’ options. Also, just about everything on the menu was of a “hoity-toity” cuisine nature – such as “Potato Leek Pesto & Brie Ravioli, Oven Dried Tomato Sauce, Olive Gremolata, Sherry Vinegar Drizzle”. I had the “Sous Vide Beff Sirloin” for my entrée. The meat was good, but very rare. Had to send it back to be cooked to “medium” (I had not been asked as to how well I wanted it cooked). I’m sure there are many people who would enjoy the dishes offered, but most were not to my taste. I realize this is not the fault of the restaurant, as I was aware that their menu is limited, and it was my responsibility to inquire in advance as to what was being served. I have just two complaints. That they did not have a 3-course dinner option, and the price. Based on prior experience, I expected to pay $35-40 per person (without wine) for a nice dinner, I was a bit shocked when presented with the bill in the amount of $129.00, plus tip. On the plus side, the service was excellent, the fresh bread and chocolate cake dessert were both delicious. The duck confit appetizer was also good. We may try this place again in the future, but will be sure to inquire about menu specifics, and price, in advance.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
“Extremely Disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I did my research and found most people seem to really enjoy this place, so I decided to check it out with a first time date. That was a major mistake! Neither of us was impressed with the selection of food, the quality of the food, the service or the atmosphere (although it is unique) that seemed more like a partially converted house. The wine selection was poor and overpriced; the drinks were somewhat watered down (especially for the price).

I realize it was prime time for them and they were busy, that is not a good excuse for the poor quality of the food, drinks or service. The meat was quite fatty and not that good a quality, so since they didn't start out with good things, they can't expect good results. It isn't that big a place so I understand that they have to expidite customers through, but we felt rushed to leave or relocate to the bar, after the meal was finished.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say you might enjoy it and that we just went on a bad night. But for the price, I can't recommend them!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Black Forest, Colorado
“Consistently excellent. Chance to see bears!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My favorite restaurant! Creative food. Caring service. Comfortable whether you're dressed up or in jeans. The ambiance is great: Almost every booth or table is in its own little niche or private space, and there’s local art (sometimes for sale) interspersed with the other decor. This locally-owned independent is also part of the farm-to-table movement and hosts a farmers’ market on summer Saturdays.
We usually go for lunch. There's house soup and salad (two soups, change daily), or your choice of about 4-5 other entrees, most of which come with either soup or salad. Yes, it's limited, but a good mix and consistently excellent. Even the house/green salad has a fun garnish (like pea shoots or some other seasonal flourish).
Dinner is also great, though we don’t get there as often as we’d like. Creative 3-5 course meals always leave me wanting to return soon. And the pulled-pork tacos served outside on farmers’ market days are addictive!
My only less than perfect experiences were the last times I tried the brunch and lounge menus. The food wasn't up to temperature, and didn't seem prepared to their usual standards.
Tip: Lunch and dinner menus both change at least weekly, so if you don’t see something you like the first time, just check back in a few days!

Visited December 2012