“Good food and great service” 5 of 5 stars

(719) 633-0406
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake & Telly's Greek Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,194 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 26th & 27th Streets
Busan, South Korea
“Good food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

When my wife suggested this restaurant, I wasn't sure at first. The last few times I'd tried Greek food, I'd found it over-priced and wanting. However, I was more than satisfied with this meal, and we both found the prices quite reasonable. The staff was energetic, but not annoyingly so - They anticipated well what we would soon need, but did it without hanging around our table or bothering us every time our water was 1/10 of a glass empty. The atmosphere was great, too - we sat on the outdoor balcony overlooking Old Colorado City. It was a little noisy and distracting at times, though, but that's to be expected at popular restaurants. Plenty of free pita chips, too! Recommended!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Iowa City
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pita bread served at the tables with balsamic and olive oil was fresh and yummy. I had the special which was a huge cabbage roll stuffed with pork and served with a marinara sauce--I have to say that it was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. I also had a mojito which was served in a big goblet and was really yummy. Others had the gyro plate which they thought was delicious. For seven of us the bill was just over $200 including drinks and I thought it was well worth it! There were entrees for the kids as well and they loved the food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kansas
“Happy Birthday to ME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We absolutely loved this Greek restaurant! It was my birthday so we splurged on delicious Greek wine and upon recommendation of our server, we chose to share the appetizer platter and an entree. Oh my...was my tummy happy. The appetizer platter included hummus, Greek olives, stuffed grape leaves, tomato, savory Greek meatballs, gyro meat, tomatoes and pita bread. Our shared entrée was a very tender lamb shank. I'm not usually a lamb fan but I am now. Martin, our server, was very descriptive of how the food was prepared and how the wine would taste. He was very attentive and knowledgeable. He allowed us to savor the evening at our own slow pace. Ha! We really enjoyed the complimentary ouzo shots & birthday baklava. A very memorable evening! The atmosphere was romantic with dimmed lighting, royal blue tablecloths, white twinkle lights...nice but not fancy. Casual.

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Great Greek Food in Old Colorado City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate here for the first time celebrating our 36th anniversary. What a great experience and very good Greek food. The service was excellent, not overbearing, but just right. The food was more than we could eat and had to take some home. Great outdoor balcony just above the street. Would definitely eat here again and bring some friends or family next time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merced, California
“3 Strikes, you're out.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I've tried eating here 3x. The first two attempts, we came to Maitou specifically to try this restaraunt & we were sad that they were closed BOTH times for "private events". Sure, fine. It was worth a try, coincidental right? Oh well....

Finally, during territory days we had the chance to get a table. It was packed, took an hour which was reasonable because of the event. Our server took forever to get drinks. I mean, 15-20min. That was irritating itself. Then it took a really long time to even order our food. We knew it'd take a while for the food to arrive, which was fine but we were waiting for refills about 15min again. We were seated on the outoor patio in summertime, it was hot. With no sign of our waitress, we left. We literally paid for our drinks & left. She was rude & nowhere to be found. I'm sure she was overwhelmed, shame on Telly's for not properly staffing for such an event!

• Visited September 2013