“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent place for lunch! Show up at 11, otherwise line was out the door by 11:30. Had the corn chowder and ham and cheese sandwich on a croissant. Wonderful! Also had the escargot that was excellent too. My sister had the gazpacho soup that I tried and was also very good. I highly recommend this place for a casual meal!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Best French Onion Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place is known for its French onion soup and the reputation is well deserved. The breads are wonderful and the in-house bakery makes it possible to take these treats home.

Visited June 2014
Minneapolis
“Yummmmmmmmm!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped in on the spur of the moment. Immediately charmed by the pastry counter. Ordered an apple croissant, a cream cheese croissant, a lemon bar, and a baguette loaf. All were wonderful. We were wishing we had come at lunchtime, because the menu had a lot of interesting choices.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Table for one, please. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Absolutely perfect. In taking a day for myself, I decided to have lunch alone: just me and my book. I searched restaurants in my area and read a few reviews for La Baguette. One reviewer raved about the chicken salad sandwich and that sounded good to me. When ordering, I asked about the soup of the day-- a French corn chowder. The young lady at the register kindly offered to let me sample it before I committed to a full bowl. To me, that's going above and beyond! I ordered the chicken salad sandwich on a croissant with a bowl of the soup and am enjoying both while reading my book at a quaint window table. This establishment is great for a table of one, but I wouldn't mind bringing my family either. Do give them a try!

“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I was excited to try the French onion soup but it was disappointing to see and to eat. I will never eat here again

• Visited July 2014