“This is my fave on COS and I go all the time” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
“This is my fave on COS and I go all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I love Marigold with all my heart. I love their flat iron steak for dinner and it is always cooked perfectly, capalleni parmadoro with chicken (sp?), hamburger and the calamari for an app is some of the best ever. All of their sides are good, even the vegetables! The vegetables are not garnish, they are delicious. The salads have a lot of different mixes and they are all delicious too. The house dressing is my favorite. The bread is as close to Paris as I have had since Paris (Paris' is still better but that is a given). For lunch their sandwiches are fantastic. The flat iron steak sandwich is my boyfriend's favorite and the turkey is mine. The flatiron is like nothing you have tasted and is a true man sandwich. I like the turkey because it is yummy and healthy. The servers have to dress up and all of the tables have white table clothes but just talk to them like a normal person and you will have a great time. Drink wine with dinner, they have some really good choices and feel free to ask for a taste before ordering a bottle. As for desert? Pick one of each, you cannot go wrong. Sometimes the hostess is crusty but who cares, she sits you at the table where you will eat the best food in COS.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Syracuse, New York
“Busy little place with attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a nice early dinner at Marigold, (5:30) which was 7:30 our time at home. Steaks were done perfectly, although the filet was wrapped in bacon, which is not my favorite. Potatoes whipped with blue cheese were great. Our daughter raved about the onion soup. The calamari was a bit greasy, not the best ever. The "Cafe" in the name didn't really match with the more formal atmosphere inside the restaurant. Generous pour on the wines by the glass. The waiter got us out in time for our next engagement, and boxed up dessert to go. Same exit as Garden of the Gods.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to dine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a very nice small restaurant with a fantastic bakery. We happened on it while visiting Colorado Springs and are so glad we did. I had the salmon with spinach and goat cheese-delicious. My husband had the steamed mussels and clams and thought they were great. Good bar ( great gin martini) and the waiter, who was very attentive even though the restaurant was packed, made a very good suggest for the wine to accompany our meal. Wish we lived closer to Colorado Springs, so we could visit this place more often.

Visited August 2013
Washington D.C.
“Still going strong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I ate here the first time on business many years ago and my colleague and I returned multiple times for the salads and seafood. This time I was traveling for pleasure and took my husband there. Still good salads and good seafood. Also I recommend the carrot cake. Not cheap, but good food with good service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Davis, California
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I ate dinner here recently with a friend while visiting Colorado Springs, and we were very impressed with both the food and the service. We arrived in the early evening without reservations, and the only seating available was a small table for two right on a walkway. We decided that given how busy they were, we'd better take what we could get, so we accepted the table. But by the time we had ordered our wine, the hostess came back and said that a booth would be available shortly and offered to move us. Within just a few minutes, we were seated in a nice, quiet, comfortable booth. She certainly did not have to move us, but we really appreciated the fact that she did as it made for a much more enjoyable dinner. They have an excellent wine list and the pours are very generous. They also have an extensive menu with many wonderful choices. Our server was prompt, courteous, and helpful, and the food was wonderful. I had the trout and it was cooked to perfection. We were too full for dessert, but they looked heavenly. We will definitely come back here again.

• Visited July 2013