“Good food - if you can get service” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dallas
“Good food - if you can get service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. The restaurant looked very busy but we were seated very quickly. Unfortunately no one ever came to ask for our drink orders. The hostess came by the table after about 10 minutes & asked if we had been helped yet & we said no. Instead of going to get someone she just re-seated us in another part of the restaurant - which seemed odd. There was still some delay before a waitress appeared to take our drink orders. I noticed several tables around us that all seemed to be waiting on something (food, check, etc). Although there were several tables open, I guess there just wasn't enough wait staff. My friend & I had very simple orders ( we ordered the same salad, mine without peppers & hers with salmon added). Mine came out with peppers & hers came out later without the salmon. Both orders had to be sent back & corrected. There was also a long wait for drink refills. The waitresses seemed quite flustered. The food was great tasting, but the lunch took a very long time to be served.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Aston, Pennsylvania
“delicious will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Don't miss this place, great selection off the menu with good portions. Wish i had a few more days to go back and try some of the other dishes. Love the atmosphere of the place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Wyoming
“Going Downhill?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Marigold has been a favorite place for years. This past Saturday was my first dinner in a year (I've moved to Jackson, Wyoming), and I gotta tell you five of us were pretty disappointed. Not like previous visits. Have the owners (husband and wife, I think) run out of steam and ideas? Our server, usually absolutely the best, was slow and pretty indifferent this time. Long time before server asked for our drink orders. Then about an hour before dinner arrived. That ain't good. And the food: pretty flat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
stoxabc
“Yumm...will go back each time I'm in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Many have said this is the best restaurant in Colorado Springs! I found the food very good; the menu was interesting with many seafood and shellfish dishes as well as pastas, heartier entrees etc. Would definitely go back every time I am in town in order to try everything. I was so full I didn't have time for the amazing desserts. I heard many people just go for wine and dessert later in the evening... Service was very good too and we didn't have to wait forever to be served.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs
“Enjoyable food and atmosphere and great deserts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Marigold is a French restaurant, what is nice is that you can dress up, or you can go casual and you will see dinners in both attires. The food is average $25 a plate, there are some dishes for around $20, but there are also some excellent cuts of meat for up to $35, just depends on what you want. For the two of us to have an appetizer, main course, desert, coffee and two drinks we spent $85. I have eaten there twice and the two dishes that I will keep going back for are the Seafood Risotto and the Pork Chop, you would not think that a pork chop would be a big deal in a restaurant but theirs is the best pork chop I have ever had! The Calamari appetizer is wonderful as well as the clams and mussels in a white wine sauce, both are cooked perfectly! My favorite about this restaurant is the wide selection of amazing deserts; we love the Triple Chocolate Mousse cake and the carrot cake. You can also sit in some bistro tables up front to enjoy just coffee and their deserts. If you go on a Friday or Saturday I HIGHLY recommend that you choose an earlier reservation time because they often run out of the popular dishes such as the duck and risotto or any dishes that are the special for that evening. Which can be a bummer if you want something they are out of, but they make everything fresh for that evening which I appreciate.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere