“Awesome Food, Nice Location” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Dessert, Hamburgers, Mexican
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Richmond, Kentucky
“Awesome Food, Nice Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This place had good service and very good food. I had the breakfast burrito with the homemade green chili sauce and was impressed. I mistakenly got the mild sauce which was not spicy, but was good. I should have gone with the medium. My only regret was not being able to go back and try different food due to just visiting the area. The waitresses were very friendly. Being from Kentucky, the sweet tea was ok, but I like it with a pound of sugar in each glass which you will not get here. The restaurant is within very close walking distance to many local shops. I ate outside and people watched. The restaurant was clean, friendly staff, good food, and not expensive. I also noticed many locals eating there which I took as a good sign and reveled in the fact that I took one of their tables (ha ha ha-evil laugh). I would recommend and will go back if ever in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Ok, but didn't live up to its #5 ranking among all Colorado restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were looking forward to eating here after reading how high it was ranked. Rustic is the best way to describe the interior which is small with lots of flys. Loud music coming from the kitchen/bar was just annoying. Service was good and the food was ok, not great. My chicken fried steak was just adequate. I really can't see how this could possibly be ranked among the best restaurants in Colorado Springs. The food needs to be better to make you want to sit in a third rate interior with inadequate parking. 3 stars is pushing the envelope on this one.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“You won't be disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The sign says "where the locals eat!" and if there's anything I've learned in my travels, this is the kind of place you don't want to miss. It's a neighborhood diner - located in a cute little blue house with patio seating out front. We sat outside on a beautiful Friday afternoon and ate breakfast. The blueberry pancakes are delicious! It's important to note they serve breakfast all day! The staff was friendly and took very good care of us. We will be back!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Broomfield, Colorado
“Very busy, but great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a nice little restaurant away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. We just ordered an appetizer and drinks, service was pretty slow, took over an hour to order and get our food. But the waitress explained the mixup and some other patrons another table stated they eat there all the time and this was the first time they have ever had issues. So I can't judge them for this one time. What we ordered decent.

Visited August 2014
Dayton, Tennessee
“As good as it gets for home style breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We decided on Mountain Shadows after reading Tripadvisor reviews. So glad we did. Easy to find on the main street (Colorado Ave.). It is in a converted house with tables inside and outside to enjoy the morning depending on the weather. This is not "fine dining" so don't expect linens and upscale decor. It is a "home away from home" environment with local retirees, construction workers and tourists. You come there to get your wake up coffee and a filling, delicious breakfast. Lunch would be a relaxing break from the hustle of the day. Service is top notch. These ladies are here to take care of you not to hide somewhere and text their friends or pout because they didn't want to work today. They know their job and execute it with a smile. If they are covered up, they acknowledge you and let you know "I'll be right back hon." Who doesn't like to be called hon first thing in the morning? So you will be taken care of quickly and friendly. We ate here twice and were not disappointed with anything we had. Wife loved the biscuits and gravy as did I. I am a huge fan of pancaked so I always have to try them. When you order pancakes they ask if you would like small, medium or large. So glad I went with medium. I think we would have had trouble fitting a large on the table! Very good 'cakes! Also my eggs were always cooked perfectly. Huge portions on everything we saw served so come hungry! Give them a try and support a local business owner and her employees.

• Visited June 2014