“Disappointing all around” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Colorado Springs
“Disappointing all around”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I am new to Springs and was craving a gyro, so I tried Grand Gyros for lunch today. It was a disappointing experience.

I ordered the gyros plate to go (gyro and salad). It wasn't an actual gyro, just a quartered stale pita with lamb and a tasteless tzatziki sauce. I watched the woman cut the lamb fresh from the cone, but it was in thin, curled up, crispy pieces and not moist and meaty as I'd hoped. Where were the onions? Tomato? Who knows...

The salad was a handful of iceburg lettuce with more of the same bland tzatziki, small bits of feta and a few sad-looking cukes and tomatoes.

In her defense, I only saw one employee on the premises and she was multitasking like crazy. However, the food just wasn't fresh, nor tasty. I won't be going back.

Visited July 2011