“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Walter's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 1,174 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 115-Nevada Ave.
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The service is always top-shelf.

We had the lobster bisque and shared an order of escargot. My wife had the Chilean Sea Bass. I would have ordered that if she hadn't, but instead, I went with the Rack of Lamb. It was all wonderful. The lamb was terrific.

The prices are high for us, but worth it for special occasions, and we will absolutely be back!

One thing I appreciate about WB is that from the host to the wait staff to the clientele, everything feels more refined than a lot of places in that same price range... yet, without being snobbish in any way. I wore a jacket and tie and didn't feel over-dressed or out-of-place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Clearwater, Florida, USA
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best meal we had in Colorado Springs. Just around the corner from the Broadmoor. Foie Gras was better than we've had in France. Excellent service and great atmosphere.

Visited August 2014
“Not worth the money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The location is buried in a strip mall. They take your coat from you. You definitely need a reservation because its packed every night. The staff and customers are very snobbish and appear affluent. The appetizers are pretty pricey I had a butternut squash soup and a lobster bisque. Both were really good. I am a steak kind of lady and was expecting better cuts of meat. Anyways the steak was "meh" at best. It took a long time to get my food. I only got 1 refill for my diet coke. We only got 2 entrees and 2 appetizers and right there was 100$ down the drain. It wasn't worth it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Odd location but good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I found the location of this higher end restaurant odd since it is in the corner of a strip mall. I will say, however, if you could overlook the fact you are just outside a parking lot while sitting in their outside seating...the view of the mountains beyond the parking lot is spectacular.

The food was very good. We had been referred to this restaurant by another couple who was also staying at the Broadmoor resort. They suggested we try the lamb chops. For the price, I was not particularly impressed. I was, however, very impressed with the scallops. They were some of the best I had ever had. The lobster bisque was also very good. If I lived in the area I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Birthday Dinner at the Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Consistently good food and service. Walter himself is a reminder of just what European grace and charm is all about.

• Visited April 2014