“A new fav!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A new fav!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I found Over Easy based on Trip Advisor reviews. Always looking for something different. And Over Easy does an excellent turn on different! Great variety on the menu...breakfast tacos to Benedict. My "gold standard" dish is always biscuits and gravy. The biscuit was light, yet study enough to hold the sausage laden sage gravy. Over Easy gets 5 stars based on that as it's no small feat to produce an excellent biscuits and gravy dish. We also tried the Pancake Flight which allows for sampling 3 flavors of pancakes. I couldn't decide between the blueberry, strawberry or pineapple. What a treat! I still don't have a favorite so I guess I'll just have to visit again.

Our service was flawless. No server hovering yet when I looked up, she came over right away. There is also a nice selection of barista-style hot beverages and some "morning" alcohol if you're interested. When the weather warms a bit, there is limited outdoor seating.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Fun and Interesting Breakfast Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I love this restaurant for its excellent and unique twists on breakfast standards such as pineapple pancakes or Tuscany Benedict. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxed and arty. A great place to take visitors for breakfast.

Colorado
“My new Fav Breakfast Spot in the Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I did a search on Urbanspoon (Tripadvisor does not have a BREAKFAST category) and found positive reviews for Over Easy on Tejon located in downtown Colorado Springs. I had business in downtown area that day so I decided to gave it a try. I have been by this restaurant many times but never noticed the small restaurant front. I showed at 0:705, the time of opening was 07:00 and the door was closed even though I saw employees moving about. I stood outside for another few minutes and the crowd continuously started to grow. Finally the hostess opened the door and apologized for the door being locked, ok I will let that slide even though I know she say me standing by the door for 5 minutes. Upon entering it had a modern cool feel similar to modern breakfast restaurants in Denver. I sat at the bar and ordered coffee. The menu was simple but precise, I ordered the "award winning" biscuits and gravy and over-easy eggs. I must say the meal was outstanding, some of the best biscuits and gravy I have tasted in memory. The service was excellent at the bar along with pleasant conversation. Great experience, I am looking forward to my next breakfast meal at Over Easy. This is my new favorite breakfast spot in the Springs! Highly Recommended!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thornton, Colorado, United States
“YUMMY Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had the Pancake Blitz. A variety of 3 pancakes each. Strawberry and NY Cheesecake, Chocolate chip and almond, Blueberry with Streusel topping, Hawaiian Pineapple, Cinnamon Swirl. They were all so good it was hard to pick a favorite. Excellent coffee, fast friendly service. We highly recommend this little restaurant in downtown. We are going back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great breakfast find in downtown CSS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Staying at nearby Antlers Hotel in downtown Colorado Springs. Stepped outside to find a breakfast spot. Stopped a pedestrian and asked for suggestions. She pointed us to Tejon St. Over Easy was most crowded restaurant this Friday am. Waited about 10 minutes for a table. Food was delicious and creative; service was friendly and fast. Two of us shared the biscuit with sage sausage gravy, two eggs and hash browns. And an order of Tuscan eggs Benedict with proscuitto, tomato, fresh basil, hollandaise and balsamic drizzle. Noticed a kids menu and instead of a coloring page, card board punch outs of jungle animals to assemble and play with.

Visited November 2013