“Should went with my first impression. Not good.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 1,196 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One block east of Powers on Fountain Blvd.Adjacent to the Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs
pa
“Should went with my first impression. Not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stop there because of the airplane restaurant theme. Waiting in the hall I noticed the place needed a paint job. We sat in the plane which was a fun theme but the walls were dirty, service was slow and when my salad arrived the plate was so very dirty I had to said something. I only eat the chicken on my plate. The manager appologized. But didn't take it off the bill. I didn't say everything. But do not eat there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“So-so but a fun cockpit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We brought several kids in the middle of the day for an early dinner. The kids loved climbing all over the cockpit and playing. No one was there so they had it all to themselves. The service was great. The restaurant looked like it could use some updating. However, there was some cool memorabilia all over the walls. The food was so-so. But, we weren't really there for the food. So, if you just need somewhere for the kids to eat and hang out, it is a great one time visit. I probably wouldn't go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“UNIQUE & Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

An actual airforce plane transformed into restaurant sure to please children and adults.The booth seats were roomy, a surprise given the setting. Seating is also available in a large dinning room with airplne memorabilia. The food was good and staff were efficient. We enjoyed the unique experience as did our fellow diners. Afterward we took pictures of the flight- refueling area in the rear of the plane. It was nice to see a piece of history and save the informative menu which shared its past endevors.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“High Flying Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We saw this place on a Google search of Colorado Springs and thought it would be fun. The restaurant, or at least part of it, is part of an old military airplane. The cockpit is open for kids to go sit in it and play. Our grand kids loved that part.

The food was good. We went during the lunch hour. They have several lunch specials. Reasonably priced.

I had the lunch special with salad and 1/2 sandwich. The Caesar salad was very good. My sandwich was a cashew chicken salad. I'd like to tell you it was good, but the amount of chicken salad was so small that it honestly was hard to taste it.

Others in my party had French onion soup and club sandwich and both were given a "good".

The waitress was very friendly and attentive.

A note for people who have a hard time with stairs: it is a pretty long stair climb up to sit in the plane.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Fun experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was truly a fun experience and great for kids and adults! The atmosphere is wonderful! The food was reasonably priced and was very good! Great staff as well!

Visited May 2013