“Best hotel we've ever stayed at...top-notch customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

You added Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9805 Federal Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Best hotel we've ever stayed at...top-notch customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Every employee of the hotel was sincere in their friendliness and their willingness to be accomodating. The rooms and bathrooms were impeccably cleaned. The breakfast buffet was the best -- many tasty and healthy choices. Light dinners also served three weeknights. Kitchentte was nice -- good for eating in. Great location in a business park area -- not a busy area, safe, and with a fantastic view of the mountains and Pike's Peak. Very easy access getting on and off I-25. Highly recommend staying at this hotel when in Colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Wonderful place to stay. Loved the location, is out of the way but nicer then most parts of C.Springs. The room was perfect. Felt like home! Breakfast was wonderful! Lots of choices and good quality foods! Very nice!! Staff was friendly. Room was very quiet! Never heard much except the occasional bark of a dog. Swimming pool was average, but clean and always had towels available. Maids did a great job keeping everything clean! We will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a stay in Colorado Springs after viewing the previous reviews on TripAdvisor. I don't know if it's changed in the 4-5 months since those reviews, but I did not find it to be what I was expecting.

The view is absolutely stunning -- I requested a top floor room facing the Rockies. The room left a lot to be desired. The worst thing was that the bathroom fan sounded like a space shuttle launch every time it was turned on. Afraid that would cause some sort of worse issue, I had to go without having on the bathroom light the entire time I was there. I must've had a prankster in the room before me, because the shampoo bottle in the room was only half full (and I'm not convinced it was shampoo in there; I didn't use it, obviously) and there was something stuck in the peephole of the room I had. Those are little things, but a room cleaning should catch those.

This hotel was not up to the standard I expect from a Marriott property.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

we have been staying here for 3 years and it is always the same GREAT! the staff is super, the b-fast is wonderful and the nights their is a hospitality dinner it is super!!! we have a daughter at USAFA and to be honest when we are in town this is the only place we will stay...i have stayed at the the RES INN Central and the Fairfield and will never do that again....

This is a wonderful hotel. The staff is spot on, the location cannot be beat and the sports court is a bonus as well......the west view is wonderful love looking at USAFA.....whenever I am in the Springs and this RES Inn is available this is where I will be!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Chicago suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Stayed here for 5 nights with our family while we vacationed in the Colorado Springs area. We had a suite that worked out perfect for our kids. Overall clean with one small problem that we had-- our kid's blankets didn't appear to have been washed. We requested replacements and one of those blankets had a chocolate stain. It wasn't that the small stain was a big deal, but rather, that it was an indication that they don't wash those blankets in between guest stays.

The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of foods. The breakfast dining area was really nice too with a large screen TV and fireplace.

The front desk staff was always very friendly. Only small problem was that they sometimes ran out of some supplies. We didn't get maid service one day (language problem) and needed to get some additional supplies from the front desk. They were out of some basic things like paper towels. It was also frustrating to be a party of 5 and only get 3 sets of towels each day.

We used the pool which was very clean and nice. Internet service was very fast.

Other than those few small problems, the overall stay was nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I would not stay in this hotel if I had slight idea about how noisy it is. I think I desevre sleep for the price I paid. The front desk was also moody.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I lived in Colorado Springs for 10 years and just moved 1 year ago. This was our first trip back and I had some idea of the hotels in the area. This hotel is north of the city, across from the Air Force Academy. It is not located on the highway which is nice. There is another hotel next to this one, Hampton Inn and Suites. We booked a 2 bedroom which gave us plenty of room. I did request a mountain view but didn't get it. The hotel has a full breakfast, the usual eggs, sausage, waffles. pancakes, cereal, muffins, but they vary it each day.
Our room had a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms of adequate size, the beds were queen size and comfortable. If you are visiting Colorado Springs for the first time do request a mountain view. This hotel is not in the midst of things but a short car drive to most things.
There are some nice shops near here at the Shops of Briargate which has several restaurants, PF Changs, California Pizza Kitchen, and others, along with some nice stores, Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, etc..
There is another Residence Inn in the south part of town, located near the highway and several chain restaurants as well, but the setting is much nicer up north. I would not suggest the Residence Inn on Academy Blvd., it is run down and not in the nicest area of town. All in all it was a nice hotel, plenty of room and very resonable, I think we spent $150 for the 2 bedrooms which is a great deal for the summer time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!