“Wonderful place just to the north..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9805 Federal Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful place just to the north..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've stayed at several hotel locations in Colorado Springs, and this was definitely my favorite. The rooms are large, clean, and well worth the price. Everyone on staff was very helpful, and always willing to stop what they were doing to answer a question. Anytime I needed something in the in-room kitchen, I found it. I travel for extended periods of time, and I felt that this hotel was very accommodating for that. The closets (there were two in the room) were both large. I especially enjoyed the outdoor fire pit and barbecue area. I did not personally use this while I was a guest, but on a return trip to Colorado Springs I was invited to a cook out at the Residence Inn. A friend's boss was staying at the Residence Inn while relocating and hosted several of us for the night. The hotel apparently helped him with serving utensils, cookware, etc.. I would have given this property 5 stars but I was on the 2nd floor next to what appeared to be the cooling unit for the hotel. Every time it came on my floors vibrated a bit. Otherwise it was a completely enjoyable experience .

Room Tip: My only recommendation is that you request a room above the 2nd floor. If you're on the second f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed over Memorial day weekend in one of the 2 bedroom suites (which is wonderful for a family of four) Breakfast was wonderful and had different selections every morning, with plenty to eat for my two teenage boys. The only reason I didn't rate overall excellent was because the bathrooms in the suite need some TLC, discolored wallpaper from condensation and peeling paint and caulking was not what I usually expect from a Mariott at that price point. Otherwise it was a perfect stay!

• Stayed May 2014
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here with our 3 kids and the rooms was nice and spacious for the price. We paid about $200 a night. The laundry room was also very nice to have down the hall.
We had no view so ask for a room that doesn't look onto the AC units and roof.
The breakfast was very good and lots of variety. Pool is not so great! It is tiny
Great location to food and getting around to places.
They could also use more than 1 front desk person at a time.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view. Some views look onto the roof.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Douglas WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff was wonderful and very pleasant. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. Not to mention the breakfast was great and filling, with many options. The indoor pool was warm and outside there was a nice sitting area with a tennis/basketball court. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

First off I'm a Marriott Gold member and have stayed in numerous properties in the country. Simply put, the staff here was top notch. Peter and Jessica were especially valuable. They bent over backward to attend to our every request despite being obviously undermanned. Often they were one man shows. We stayed in a two room suite on the first floor. The hotel is a bit older and could use a remodel but everything was functional and clean. Housekeeping it seemed also suffered from being undermanned so rooms were often cleaned late in the day. However at our request they made great effort to have the room attended to by noon. The only complaint I had is that the rooms were very noisy. Upstairs noise in particular was really bad. Even with the AC fan running, simple walking upstairs was loud enough to waken you from sleep. This should be corrected ASAP.
The breakfast was better than most RI's I've stayed at and they had a nice hospitality hour in the evening. The indoor pool was great. They also have a mini tennis court, basketball goal, and putting green (with equipment) available for use free of charge. The gas fire pit area is very nice. And I availed myself to the gas grill for burgers and steaks a few times. The view is very nice and it is conveniently located to USAFA, Denver, and C Springs. I would most certainly stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thomson, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I really loved their beds very comfortable and the rooms are pretty nice overall, however the food is .......well average at best. Breakfast is pretty good but the staff has a hard time keeping it stocked but it is suitable. The managers reception held Monday - Wednesday night from 6-7:30 PM is another thing. I was at the hotel for 9 days which included on week of receptions. Tuesday they had run out of food by 6:40! They has many upset patrons but it did not seem like a big deal to the staff. I spoke to the Manager Rocky on Wednesday morning he apologized but did not offer anything else. Rocky was the BBQ cook that evening, they did not run out of food but again I think they are too short on staff to keep up with demand. In the future I will attempt to stay at the Homewood Suites on the next exit as the overall experience was better. One other positive, got to workout at the local Golds' Gym during the stay!

Room Tip: Stayed in a Queen suite the first night and a King suite the rest of the nights.
Green Features: They never had to compost any leftover food. I think they were using all compost-able plates and straws.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGMCOSTW, General Manager at Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Steven, I’m glad to hear that you loved our new mattresses and bedding! They are quite nice.
The complimentary hospitality evenings during last week were indeed quite busy! I am happy (and relieved) to say that we now have an experienced restaurant employee in addition to a manager on duty for every hospitality event, so we should not be overwhelmed again.
You will continue to find me grilling hamburgers and hotdogs for everybody on our outdoor patio most Wednesdays, and hope you give us another try in the future.
Rocky Shockley, General Manager
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

A little more cramped than some other Residence Inn's due to its layout but still spacious. Offer dinner some nights but not as many as other Residence Inn's I've stayed at. Good location. Feels very safe and pretty convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!