“Convienet to the North End of Town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy

You added Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy to your Saves list
Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9805 Federal Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80921   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Colorado
“Convienet to the North End of Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am in Colorado Springs nearly weekly for busness and I have decided to make this my go-to hotel. The hotel is clean, comfortable, close to my work, close to restaurants, well managed, and well maintained. The staff is very helpful. The gym is tiny but I have never had a problem getting on a treadmill plus they will give you passes to Golds Gym. I have to be very careful what I eat so I typically bring my own food, but they usually have free wine and beer on Monday nights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is near almost everything except downtown, and is fairly new. We staying in the King Room which was very large and would easily house 4 people (2 adults-2 kids). The only complaint I have is the A/C unit is a bit loud, sounds like a freight train coming through the room. I dont know if that was due to being at the very end. The mattress was a little to firm for my taste, but got a good nights sleep. The employees are very helpful and care if you are enjoying your stay, the breakfast in the morning is your stand fare of eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, and yogurt. All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Moline
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were a little dubious about this location when we first pulled in. Looked like a typical corporate park location surrendered to suburban sprawl. It is certainly that, but we were assigned a room on the mountain side, and that made all the difference. A beautiful long-range view of Garden of the Gods and gawking at the airstrip activity made for great fun.

An immaculately clean, well-equipped true suite experience was perfect for our family after 13 hours of driving. And delivery was just a few minutes away. Highly recommend this destination—it's cared for and well-prepared for guests from top to bottom. The only downside was the very poor complimentary breakfast. Expectations are always low for that amenity, but it's something that could definitely be improved here. Good thing we brought our own eggs and sausage to cook up fresh in the fine suite kitchen. This is a great, well-managed property.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain side room! Maybe a bit of road noise, but worth the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Checked in for one night after seeing it had a hot tub, ultimately Marriott had removed this apparently due to the cost of required upgrades ( according to the Fairfield). Therefore Tara (hopefully I got that correct) assisted me in booking into the Fairfield inn as I needed to have access to a hot tub. What surprised me was how well the incident was handled. Tara did an outstanding job and went above and beyond with her customer service skills.

Room Tip: No hot tub
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a letter I sent to the management company of the Residence Inn Colorado Springs North (sent 3/2012). Please note that David Montero is the General Manager of the hotel.

It’s been eight years since my family first stayed at the Residence Inn Colorado Springs North, and I realized tonight that this letter I now right is long overdue. It’s not often (at least that I can tell) that a hotel could be considered a nexus of a life, but for us, it’s true.

“Springs North” has been our “home” four times, each time providing us with a sense of community and comfort far beyond the expected, especially for a hotel. I remember as if yesterday walking into the lobby and pleading our sad story to Mary, telling her how dissatisfying our accommodations were at the Drury Inn off of Academy Blvd. She was very kind to us, and matched our rate even though the rooms were selling for more. She was kind, caring, and genuinely interested in us, a welcome difference from other places we have stayed. Our house hunting was successful, and we returned home to California with full intent to move to a home near the hotel. Unfortunately, our plan did not succeed.

A year and several months later, fortune brought us back to Colorado Springs, once again seeking a home. We were greeted warmly by your hotel again, and were given the same rate we had received the previous stay. We were amazed and pleased, and again found the staff immensely supportive- much like a family. We had to leave unexpectedly after 7 weeks due to my heart ailment- the elevation was not suitable for my condition. But we were not through yet.
We lived a year in Texas and I received a treatment that allowed me to return to the higher altitudes of Colorado Springs, so once again we returned. And, once again, Springs North took care of us, this time for nearly five months.

We lived in Monument, Colorado, (about 7 miles north of the hotel) for nearly three years, but financial conditions forced us to leave yet again. And even after that, we returned once more in 2010 with the intent to move back, and they once again were our home.

The history above is telling, but it only scratches the surface of how important they have been to our life. We met more life-long friends while staying at your hotel than at any other time of our life. David Montero, Mary, Rocky, Gary, Rose, Shelly, Fenya, Norma, Erica, Amanda, Amanda (there were 2) and many of the other staff hold dear places in our hearts. They provided more than outstanding service. They made the hotel feel like a home.

There is a story about David Montero that I believe exemplifies the “over-the-top” commitment that David brings to his role. During a particularly brutal snow storm, when everyone was forced by road closures to remain at the hotel, David drove out in his 4-wheel drive and purchased pizza for all of the guests. He was concerned that some of the guests had not prepared for the storm by purchasing food, so he provided lunch for us and for the guests and staff of the hotel across the street. Now that is service you cannot find anywhere, yet David did that on at least 3 occasions that I can recall.

On a personal note, we are still very close personal friends with Kristinet, Amanda and Jesse, all former employees of the hotel. We “talk” at least twice a month and share news and events from our daily lives. This is a testament to the caring, even “love,” shown by David’s staff. There is an old saying that “attitude reflects leadership.” I have never seen this more true than with David Montero and his crew.

Additionally, we have made many life-long friends who were guests at the hotel over time. Jim and Linda and family (now family-like friends), Joy and her boys, Tony and Martha, and Lorraine are all dear to us. This was not accidental. The hotel fostered an uncanny sense of community that translated into a real family atmosphere.

I cannot stress the incredibly positive influence Springs North continues to have on our life. The hotel is the benchmark that we (possibly unfairly) judge ALL other hotels we visit. Needless to say, in the comparison, most come up wanting. I believe that it is David’s style and philosophy that instills a deep, genuine sense of customer care in the people that work with him. From resolving minor issues, caring for my father-in-law while we were away for several days, helping my son get breakfast before school, making barbeque utensils available, shopping for food, keeping our room(s) clean and stocked, making us feel at home, and in everything else we experienced there, I can’t imagine that they could have done more for us and the other guests.

I feel truly blessed having found them, and sincerely believe there were times we may not have made it through had it not been for that hotel. They are a model that should be bottled and provided to all other hotels and service businesses as THE way to run a business. You have a rare commodity in David Montero and his staff, and we are better off having known them.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Duxbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels in the Colorado Springs area. Reasonably priced suites with well appointed rooms, very close to the Air Force Academy entrance and easy access to the freeway. The nice thing about the suites is that the ones with two beds are in two separate rooms with their own baths. It makes travel and visits with family very comfortable affording some measure of privacy. The complementary breakfast is nice as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Antonito, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed a short night as I was passing through but I was impressed. The rooms were nice, well stocked, comfortable beds, good shower. Staff was friendly and quick check in. Price was also very good considering this is a Residence Inn. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn Colorado Springs North/Air Force Academy? Share your experiences!