“GREAT STAY!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend while attending a friends wedding. The bellman at the door were very friendly and helpful. Check-in was a little confusing. The associate made it seem like there was a problem with our reservation, but never actually vocalized what the problem was. She eventually worked it out and all was well. The hotel itself is beautiful. They did a wonderful job with the restorations. Housekeeping was disappointing. When they finally did make it to the room only the bed was remade. Trash, towels, etc. were left about the room and not replaced or discarded. The restaurant attached was okay, but overall pricey for the quality. I suggest walking a few blocks over to Over Easy for a breakfast twice as good for a fraction of the cost. The 'hidden' fees were slightly annoying, but this is a historical building so I doubt it is the hotels choice to charge them. My last complaint would be the lack of transportation to and from the airport. The hotel itself does not provide pick up or drop, so be prepared to pay $45 to and from COS. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for it's unique feel and convenience of location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shelby P, General Manager at The Mining Exchange, a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you Katherine for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Our bell and valet team is top notch and we feel very lucky to have such great team members that truly care about our guests and the hotel. I will personally look into the housekeeping issue and why it was not fully cleaned. I hope while you were here you brought this to our attention. We strive to correct the problem as they are occurring so we can make sure your experience is perfect and we get better as a hotel. We do not offer transportation but can arrange several different options for our guests if we are given some notice to help in this matter. Thank you again for staying with The Mining Exchange!
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I constantly travel to Colorado Springs for work and this is the best hotel by far in the city. Amazing rooms, great service and the location is amazing. I have been here at least 5 times in the past 2 years and will stay here every time. The rooms are quaint and the way they incorporated the old brick and high ceilings with amazing artwork makes you feel like your in a 5 star hotel. Always clean, bathrooms are amazing! Will definitely come back. Also, each time I stayed I was always upgraded to an executive suite. Well done from the staff to the hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The rooms are top class, my wife and I took the corner room on the 5th floor, decent views not spectacular. This place is more for the rooms than the view in my opinion. I was disappointed with the designs though. It was hard finding the door (it slides and disappears), there is no convenient power outlet near the bed for charging the phone, this sucks! The movie slection on tv was decent but charged 17$$ for it. There is no convenient way to park other than using the 18$ valet parking. Since the suites were pricey, this seems a little bit of a downer. The bath is great and was great consolation for some of the let downs. It was great staying here but I'll look elsewhere if I come here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your corner suite; it is one of my favorite rooms. The pocket doors are for ease of space so there isn’t a large door blocking some of the room or getting in the way. They were also designed for an extra level of noise control from the hallway to the bedroom and also to the bathroom area. We try to offer several different options for parking so people don’t have to use the Valet option and pay this expense and our movie selection is great but we don’t control the cost of this expense as it is pre-determined by the television provider. Please let us know if you do decide to come back how we can better your stay. Thanks again!

Been to The Mining Exchange, a Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!