“Elegance and excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 105 hotels in Colorado Springs
“Elegance and excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We splurged for one night of vacation and choose to stay at this hotel. It was well worth it. The hotel has incorporated the beauty of the original building with modern amenities. The room was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. We would definitely stay here on our next trip. The only downside is no on site parking, but the valet parking price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

941 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and found an absolute gem of a hotel. It's in downtown Colorado Springs which itself was excellent. When we arrived Patrick was on Reception duty and he gave us Room 517 which is a corner room and was absolutely wonderful. The hotel has been remodelled and everything is brand spanking new, our room which really should be called a suite was terrific and the bathroom (with a double ended shower) was fantastic. They have an attached restaurant called Springs Orleans which has a great atmosphere and the food, unlike most heel restaurants was first class. Hats off to Katie and Jason in the restaurant for good conversation and service but our 5 star award goes to Patrick in the hotel who seemed to us to be running the place.

Room Tip: Get room 517!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed at this lovely historic hotel for a few nights. While the building is historic, the rooms have all the modern amenities. The hotel does not have on site parking but the rate for valet parking is reasonable. The staff was pleasant and helpful - Jason and Patrick were awesome and really made our stay great. They are a big part of why I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staff was pleasant, location good (downtown), lousy parking (none on-site). Not a bad experience, just nothing to draw me back. The restaurant (next door) had decent beignets, but dinner was average. I'll look elsewhere on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Colorado Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My fiance and I were here only one night to celebrate an anniversary. I had requested a room on the top floor and with a nice view. When we got to the hotel the bell boys and girls were extremely polite and very helpful. I wish I was able to remember the name of the man that helped us out at the front desk as he told as he put us in his 2nd favorite room. I have heard this line before at other hotels in the past so I was a little weary. However, the junior sweet we booked was incredible. We were booked in room 506 and we absolutely loved it. We didn't think the hotel experience could get any better however when we came back from dinner, there was bottle of champagne on ice as well as a dessert for the both of us When I initially booked the room, I had mentioned that we were celebrating an anniversary and I thought it had gone unheard. I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate everything that was done for us. We had an incredible time because of the experience at the hotel. We have already recommended your hotel to everyone that we know and we will certainly be back. Thank your everything!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Mining Exchange in downtown Colorado Springs three times now and we have thoroughly enjoyed each stay. I should have reviewed in advance of this but somehow missed it. The location is walking distance from everything downtown ranging from fun shopping to great dining and a very cool theater which shows new releases but typically films that are not mainstream.

Both Shelby and Rob really made our stay very enjoyable. Their in house restaurant is located next door through a really cool little alley way. The Springs Orleans is open and fun for breakfast or dinner.

They have a new spa going in very soon and we intend to experience that as well.

Thank you to the great staff for making our stay so nice. Also, the guy who was scrubbing the baseboards in the hallway was doing a great job and was very pleasant. These are the details that I think are often overlooked but make a difference to visitors.

Room Tip: Go ahead and get a suite, you will be glad you did.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mining Exchange, a Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!