“Best hotel in Colorado Springs” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best hotel in Colorado Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had a wonderful end of year stay at The Mining Exchange in downtown Colorado Springs.

Excellent bedding, beautifully furnished and quiet rooms, lovingly restored building. We loved being downtown within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The Springs Orleans restaurant next door is excellent.

Hotel staff is extremely professional - accommodating, friendly and efficient.

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel, over the busy period between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
After check-in, we were not pleased with our assigned room - in a dark corner - not what I had experienced on prior visits. I mentioned my disappointment the next morning, and immediately was offered an upgrade, complete with a delightful young man who appeared at our door to help move our many heavy bags.

Carrie at the front desk is a gem - she remembers names and faces between visits, and is very approachable, friendly and a service oriented professional - just what one expects from a superior hotel. The service at this hotel rivals the Relais et Chateaux experiences I've had in Europe.

I am a frequent visitor to the Springs, and usually stay at the Marriott because of the loyalty program perks. This last visit to the Mining Exchange encouraged me to renew my Wyndham guest rewards account. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the basis of its very positive reviews, which ultimately held true. The hotel has a unique historic character. It's actually 3 interconnected buildings. It has interesting touches through out, such as art in the rooms and common areas. Also one cannot review the hotel without mentioning the historic Diebold Safe doors used in linen closets & lobby. That said, for my stay, the service and modern amenities make it a great hotel, but the service and location make it a stand out!

I travel a lot for business and pleasure & I'm very picky. The dual headed shower is a great and a welcomed perk. The TV, great wifi, lighting, well placed outlets, and modern design of the rooms are excellent for business travelers.

The service of the hotel is attentive and seems very customer centric at every touch point. From valet to my request for softer pillows. Only issue I had was that my 1st room had a lot of white noise due to the water going through the cooling pipes. However, upon complaining, I was quickly moved to a quiet room. By the way, I really mean quiet thanks to the quality of the old walls.

The location is convenient and it truly is surrounded by great restaurants. With in waking distance is the Rabbit Hole which is a foodie's paradise. A few minutes drive away is the Blue Star which is also great. For sightseeing, sneak away, even if it's just for 1 hr. to the Garden of the Gods.. Just a short 15 min drive away...Unreal natural beauty & a great setting for awesome pictures.

I' m very impressed and this is not easily achieved for this seasoned and very demanding traveler.

One last note, parking around the hotel requires meter during business hours or the use of a public parking garage a block away. I used valet for convenience and they were quick in getting my car.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Woodland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Wonderful getaway to celebrate my birthday with my husband! We were on the 5th floor so we had great view of the mountains and downtown. Awesome dual head head shower. Very clean. Old safes and original brick kept from the original building. We loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to The Mining Exchange, a Wyndham Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!