“Theft by staff.” 1 of 5 stars

620 West Colorado Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80905   |
Ranked #87 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
“Theft by staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband, myself and our two children were traveling from Texas to Colorado. We booked the Springs Inn online and made sure the reservation said "2 adults 2 children".
When we arrived, the lady behind the counter tried to charge us an additional $50 for our two children. When she showed me our reservation I pointed out that it said 2 children. Her response? "Okay, fine."
Next, we got our room on the upper floor. I parked my car and there were many questionable people outside. I was nervous leaving my car there. Looks like many people live there...not just a hotel.
We got into our room and it was tiny, dingy carpet and smelled. The fridge did not work (which upset me since we were booked for four days)
We were only given two towels for FOUR people (and when I asked the maid for more, she never brought them) luckily, we had our own.
We had two beds in the room and the blankets had a weird smell. Once again, luckily we had our own.
The decor was 1970s style (even though the sign out front says "newly remodeled")
I believe the only remodel that was done was the pool (which was clean and heated). But, the kids and I only used it once since I had two men (who seemed to be living there) eye me and try to hit on me while I was there with my kids! GROSS!
Anyway, we roughed it out with a barely working AC, terrible wifi service, sketchy people and terrible staff! After we checked out, my kids realized they left their video game controllers behind.
I called the office, a male said they didn't have them. I insisted he ask the maid. They never called me back. I called the next day, spoke with a female and she said they found them. I drove AN HOUR (we were in denver by then) to pick them up only to be told "Oh we were mistaken, we don't have them".
I asked for the OWNERS phone number. They gave it to me, I called her and after 30 minutes, guess what?! My kids controllers magically appeared and I was told "the maid had them and she was fired and is being made to leave".
Don't waste your time or money here. It's a nightmare! Also, we never received our $10 key deposit back when we checked out.

• Stayed June 2014

Solo
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

i went to the springs inn , i had a great experince clean room,great costumer service. the only thing that i didnt like is the room was a joint room ,& the lock on the door was not enough security for me ,other than that a great place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

That should have been a clue, but I missed it. We intended to stay for two nights, but left in the morning after not sleeping-the tiny air conditioner could not keep the room cool, and the big gap under the door was not helping the situation. Also, as mentioned in another's review, other people obviously living there were loud hanging out in front of their rooms drinking, they did not guarantee that your belongings would be safe if you left them in the room, and we did not feel safe. Definitely a long-term place for people to stay, as when we were checking in, someone else was asking if they could stay another week....At the time we booked this over the internet, the handful of reviews on their website were positive; they probably wrote them themselves. I should have checked here first! Do not stay here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a bad experience at Springs Inn. I didn't expect luxury, just a basic room. But the room was drafty and the heat struggled to keep up. Its controls corroded. Other maintenance issues with the sink drain and lack of electrical outlets made it a struggle to charge electronics or run a sleep apnea machine. The only outlet available near the bed was a power strip with a frayed cord.
But my biggest complaint was no way to lock the deadbolt from the outside to secure my belongings. I spoke to the desk in person and was told none of the rooms had this feature. And I was made to feel like I was worrying unnecessarily. They did offer to let me leave my valuables in the office, but their hours didn't sync with mine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

interesting place right on the highway, with the swimming pool made on natural spriings interesting place right on the highway, with the swimming pool made on natural spriingsinteresting place right on the highway, with the swimming pool made on natural spriings

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, but it seemed longer... When we checked in we were greeted by a young girl, who couldn't find our reservation in the system. It took a long time for her to call the manager and they then continued to discuss at length and in chinese, what to do about it. However they were nice and smiled at us and finally found our reservation and got us a room. The room was ok - A bit dark with a dated pink bathroom, but overall it was fine. Our biggest problem was safety. We simply did not feel safe staying here. The location is pretty good - really close to the city center, but it seemed most of the motel was occupied by people living there long term. Now, this is not a problem in itself, but they were hanging out, drinking and smoking right outside our door and window and speaking very loudly at all hours. It was kind of sketchy... Nothing happened though, and the place was pretty cheap - You get what you pay for.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Booked a room at the Springs Inn for a week, costing nearly $400. At first I thought it was going to be a good place to stay because of its location and the outside upkeep. Little did I know that at 3 in the morning, My girlfriend and I would awake covered in bed bugs. So we begin to pack up our things and head down to the office after about half an hour of ringing the doorbell the night caretaker emerges in a very foul mood. We explain what happened and she said she was going to do nothing about it or our refund, but offered to have us escorted off by the police if we were going to cus trouble. horrible
shady bed bug having crooks. I would not recomend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Springs Inn? Share your experiences!